Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
just to let everyone know... I updated all the "LINKS" threads so that the most recent posts are at the top of each list of links, save for a few that needed to stay at the top no matter what.

so just to clarify, threads towards the bottom of the list are older...
the only place I did not do this was in the list of members cars, that list from top to bottom is oldest to newest...

thanks for helping me get everything up to date, you have all been very helpful!

edit: 2/4/2008: added the "aux injection systems of all types - LINKS" thread. thanks to isifmobile for tracking most of those links down! give him some +rep for that!!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
added a couple suggested links, one to the parts links [thanks Jonnyd] and one in the EMS links [thanks o24drsupra]... I really need to do an overhaul and add some of the recent threads that are quite pertinent! Thanks again to everyone for their continued input!

·
Registered
12 Posts
turbo

i have a 2004 is300 have 82000 miles i juz got exhaust and intake right now. i want to put a turbo charge but dont know if i have too many miles to do it??

·
Registered
50 Posts
wow super organized

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ok, ill go through the links after work, but im looking for opinions and availablility on kits.

Ok, Turbo kit recomendations thread, last post 2007 and not a single kit recomended? It shows supporting mods, Im looking 300-350 rwhp. Links to places that make them, if they still do?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Running 425hp on a stock ge block? Is that going to blow it, or will i be fine. Being told i should rebuild it. Yes i know its a good idea. But thinking just running 425 wont hurt it. Cause i have to build up my tranny first. Running auto e-shift

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Running that much power your most likely going to have to rebuild the block depending on how hard you run the car. It will prob be the safest bet and save you money in the long run beleive it or not. Do it right the first time. Once you re buld the tranny and the block you will be able to run even more power than that if wanted.

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
hey guys i was just on the SRT web site and ran across this

Swift Racing Technologies - Stage 3 Complete Turbo Kit

let me know what you guys think of this turbo kit.. and does it really give your stock motor that much of a gain...and is this worth it?:confused:
Use the search function! Many guys are running this kit. It's worth the money if you know nothing about turbos. If you can shop around you will build a kit for less than that. Don't forget that buying this kit is not the only thing you will buy to go turbo.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Ebay turbo kit question

I am looking to boost for cheap for now. Im trying to decide weather to piece together a basic kit or buy one from ebay and just upgead parts as I go. I have pieced together a kit for my integra and accord in the past but I know this is a entirely different car. Here are some links I came across. If they are crap tell me why don't just say "those are crap"

2JZGE 2JZ-GE MK-IV IS/GS/SC GT45 TURBO TURBOCHARGER KIT | eBay
TOYOTA 2JZ GT45 TURBO KIT SUPRA SC300 IS300 2JZ-GTE 14P | eBay

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
The most important parts of the setup aren't even brand name. The turbo, BOV, and wastegate are all shitty. That turbo is way too big, especially if your power goals are around 300whp. A GT45 is meant for power goals of higher than 500 whp. You'll needa spend a lot more money on internals and whatnot just to be able to use that turbo in its apporpriate range.

Save your money. Buy used stuff if you really want to go boosted. A used TiAL WG will be better than an ebay one. Also, if you haven't done the necessary coilover/springs/struts, sway bars, braces, good tires; don't go turbo.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't know about going all out on coilover suspension as it depends on what you want to do with the car and how you drive it. If it's a daily driving car with 300 or so hp, I think if everything is not worn out too bad you could just make sure your tires are good. I think the manifold would work and the intercooler piping could be cut to fit your needs. You could even look around for a GOOD used turbo that is not a knock-off. Same for the wastegate.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Do you have any supporting mods now?

Even if the turbo last for more than 3 months, that big mo-fo wouldn't spool until 6K and your (assumed) stock internals would not last long.

Big turbos like that give people drunk-o vision.

the hunt:
Damn that turbo is so hot, it would look awesome under my hood...

the action:
sweet I'm getting some boost action... now only if it didn't take so long to feel good. Wait, there it goes!!!...
and its spent.

the next morning:
You are leaking fluids and wish you were back in normal operating condition.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Things you can get universal:

- Intercooler (I'm running Godspeed)
- Charge pipes (make sure there is a MAF flange on it)
- Turbo manifold (GE specific, GTE exhaust ports are different. I'm running XS)
- Downpipe (I'm running XS)
- Oil lines & fittings (though I wouldn't cheap out on these, check out JEGS)

Things you should get brand named:

- Turbo (T4 flange - Precision, Turbonetics, Garrett...I ran an XS for 2 years - though everyone here will tell you they're crap)
- Wastegate (A 38mm or 40mm wastegate is enough for your power goals)
- Blow-off valve (HKS, GReddy, Tial, Turbosmart, Synapse)
- Engine management (I'd go GReddy EMU for your basic setup)

·
4,636 Posts
I am looking to boost for cheap for now. Im trying to decide weather to piece together a basic kit or buy one from ebay and just upgead parts as I go. I have pieced together a kit for my integra and accord in the past but I know this is a entirely different car. Here are some links I came across. If they are crap tell me why don't just say "those are crap"
Where is the dislike button for this?

I don't know about going all out on coilover suspension as it depends on what you want to do with the car and how you drive it. If it's a daily driving car with 300 or so hp, I think if everything is not worn out too bad you could just make sure your tires are good. I think the manifold would work and the intercooler piping could be cut to fit your needs. You could even look around for a GOOD used turbo that is not a knock-off. Same for the wastegate.
I am lost with what your trying to say here, he never said anything suspension related in his first post.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts