Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I'm new to this board and even though I own a 92 Acura Legend, I must say that I love the new IS300's. I'm only 20 and in college, so the idea of me owning one is far from possible, but I just wanted to say that you guys are lucky to have the coolest new car out on the market. Oh yeah and what do you think of Acura Legends. I know IS300's are quick, but do you think they could take a Legend 6-speed coupe (rated at 230hp).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is that the TypeII Legend 6spd this thing is very rare. In my opinion i like the styling of the legend especially the front.Stock for stock hands down to the Acura Legend they are quick... Dont get me wrong IS300 is a great car to.

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
WELL WHEN I WAS 16 i wanted the Acura sooooo bad, then i got a INTEGRA and turned that over really quick then got a 96 accord, THE ACURA IS NICE BUT HAS LOTS MORE POUNDS ON THE IS I BELIEVE?????? I THINK THE IS WOULD TAKE IT...

·
Registered
226 Posts
i love the sedan legend. ohhhhh i wanted that car so bad, but i didnt have enough $$$, so i bought a 3rd gen maxima (90'). i love my car now too, its dependable and looks good.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have an Acura Legend coupe. It is the TypeII engine. Personally I think that my Legend would take the IS, it would be a good race but I think the Legend would win. I wanted the 6spd but the only one I could find, the people wanted 20K and wouldn't budge. F--- that!!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I think the '94 -95 Legends have a timeless shape. The Type II engines have stronger HP numbers than the Type I's, but the Type I's have a little more torque. I own an IS and a '95 Legend coupe and I think the IS would take my coupe (automatic). The Legend feels heavier and less athletic around corners and over bumps.

Stop by the Legend BB at:
http://forums.legend.org/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

Sorry for the non-IS related link...

Mark

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree with Mark, the Legend has a timeless design, and a whole lot of power for the year. Depending on the model the Legend should edge out the IS, especially the 5 and 6 speeds. I have beaten an IS or two with my '94 LS Coupe (Auto) on the freeway, but Im sure it would be a different tale in the twisties. The Legends are also packed full of goodies that Acura decided to leave out of their new models. Telescoping wheel and manual transmission to name a couple of CL-S complaints.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well also realize that the CL is more or less a Vigor coupe, not a legend. The RL is equipped basically on the same lines as the legend. The CL costs MUCH less than the legend did at its time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
To borrow a line, the Legend Coupe certainly is a timeless design. The bureaucratic mind is difficult to understand, tough. Having a great name recognition and suddenly changing it to an impersonal, nameless "RL" logo was absurd. The future could be bright, though, with a rear wheel drive V8 on the works! Will we see the Legend name again, however?

·
2,909 Posts
Nice name jigga622!!!

------------------
'01 Graphite Gray Pearl
"gray" not "grey"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts