Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I'm new to this board and even though I own a 92 Acura Legend, I must say that I love the new IS300's. I'm only 20 and in college, so the idea of me owning one is far from possible, but I just wanted to say that you guys are lucky to have the coolest new car out on the market. Oh yeah and what do you think of Acura Legends. I know IS300's are quick, but do you think they could take a Legend 6-speed coupe (rated at 230hp).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is that the TypeII Legend 6spd this thing is very rare. In my opinion i like the styling of the legend especially the front.Stock for stock hands down to the Acura Legend they are quick... Dont get me wrong IS300 is a great car to.

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
WELL WHEN I WAS 16 i wanted the Acura sooooo bad, then i got a INTEGRA and turned that over really quick then got a 96 accord, THE ACURA IS NICE BUT HAS LOTS MORE POUNDS ON THE IS I BELIEVE?????? I THINK THE IS WOULD TAKE IT...

·
Registered
226 Posts
i love the sedan legend. ohhhhh i wanted that car so bad, but i didnt have enough $$$, so i bought a 3rd gen maxima (90'). i love my car now too, its dependable and looks good.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have an Acura Legend coupe. It is the TypeII engine. Personally I think that my Legend would take the IS, it would be a good race but I think the Legend would win. I wanted the 6spd but the only one I could find, the people wanted 20K and wouldn't budge. F--- that!!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I think the '94 -95 Legends have a timeless shape. The Type II engines have stronger HP numbers than the Type I's, but the Type I's have a little more torque. I own an IS and a '95 Legend coupe and I think the IS would take my coupe (automatic). The Legend feels heavier and less athletic around corners and over bumps.

Stop by the Legend BB at:
http://forums.legend.org/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

Sorry for the non-IS related link...

Mark

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree with Mark, the Legend has a timeless design, and a whole lot of power for the year. Depending on the model the Legend should edge out the IS, especially the 5 and 6 speeds. I have beaten an IS or two with my '94 LS Coupe (Auto) on the freeway, but Im sure it would be a different tale in the twisties. The Legends are also packed full of goodies that Acura decided to leave out of their new models. Telescoping wheel and manual transmission to name a couple of CL-S complaints.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well also realize that the CL is more or less a Vigor coupe, not a legend. The RL is equipped basically on the same lines as the legend. The CL costs MUCH less than the legend did at its time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
To borrow a line, the Legend Coupe certainly is a timeless design. The bureaucratic mind is difficult to understand, tough. Having a great name recognition and suddenly changing it to an impersonal, nameless "RL" logo was absurd. The future could be bright, though, with a rear wheel drive V8 on the works! Will we see the Legend name again, however?

·
2,909 Posts
Nice name jigga622!!!

------------------
'01 Graphite Gray Pearl
"gray" not "grey"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
11 Participants
jiggafett
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing