Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
My name is aj and I'm a new altezza owner from Vancouver.
I'm quite pleased with this car, it is very well balanced and it came with some nice extras.

I have this 99 altezza z edition.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very nice ride man ,, its even better that we have the same wheels lol

welcome to the fam
Thanks brother. At first I wasn't sure about the wheels, but I've grown to really like them. They suit the car and are fairly period correct. Though I may get wheel spacers to push them out a bit and give the fenders a bit of a roll to be safe.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks brother. At first I wasn't sure about the wheels, but I've grown to really like them. They suit the car and are fairly period correct. Though I may get wheel spacers to push them out a bit and give the fenders a bit of a roll to be safe.
exactly , i didnt like the wheels much when i got them but now i love itttt

and we are thinking the same , spacers , rolled fenders and maaybee fender flares?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
exactly , i didnt like the wheels much when i got them but now i love itttt

and we are thinking the same , spacers , rolled fenders and maaybee fender flares?
I'm not sure about fender flares, at least not bolt on flares. The altezza doesn't have that old school race car look, it's a bit too modern and refined.
That being said, I love the flares I put on my roadster.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
2001 Lexus IS300 TURBO Aem v2 | used cars & trucks | Mississauga / Peel Region | Kijiji
hey guys I'm new to the page and the is 1jz scene. i have this car lined up to buy over the weekend. I would really appreciate it if someone with more knowledge on these vehicles could give me some more information on the car, if its a good buy. and things i should look/watch out for when looking at it. Also if anyone knows what things typically need replacing and what they go for. Thank you!
sorry for the post in here im a noob to the forum. I couldnt find a relative post or make my own thread..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello all I am the proud new owner of a 2002 IS300. Any advice?
It looks pretty clean overall aside from the rust on the fender. But it does look like it came with a dog, so that's good.
If you aren't mechanically inclined, take it to a trusted shop for an overall inspection to address anything that could be up with it. Also, fix that rust.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2001 Lexus IS300 TURBO Aem v2 | used cars & trucks | Mississauga / Peel Region | Kijiji
hey guys I'm new to the page and the is 1jz scene. i have this car lined up to buy over the weekend. I would really appreciate it if someone with more knowledge on these vehicles could give me some more information on the car, if its a good buy. and things i should look/watch out for when looking at it. Also if anyone knows what things typically need replacing and what they go for. Thank you!
sorry for the post in here im a noob to the forum. I couldnt find a relative post or make my own thread..
I generally don't buy anything with an engine swap, I prefer to do that sort of thing myself. It makes troubleshooting a lot easier. That being said, the 1jz is a good engine, it came in the first generation Japanese supra and the chaser and probably some other cars. You get a good amount of reliable horsepower stock and handles modification well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only in the past 7-8 years have I been mad I left Canada, for reasons like legit altezzas and rad jap cars. Car looks good dude!
Thanks brother. I do enjoy being able to bring in whichever car I like. I went through a lot of auctions to find one this nice for the right price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts