Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was looking 2 get new tires on my chrome stockies..up a size though 225-45-17..i had the dunlop sports that came with it which were o.k. and i acc. had 2 sell a pair of fuzion zri's i bought bcuz those were 2 damn big...and i was wondering if there's anything that has a smaller profile that i wouldn't rub on with eibach pro springs..thanks

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
are you sure your rubbing or just bottoming out?

225/45/17 on stock rims should not rub at all

the stock wheels have a +50 offset so you have like 10mm to play with even with 225/45's

·
Registered
522 Posts
i think you may be bottoming out your suspension. your shocks are shot perhaps? the eibach's drop isn't that low. what is your alignment settings?

i got a 1 inch drop with 225/45/17 and i don't rub at all.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
post pics i wanna see what the 45's look like on

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
web1028x said:
i think you may be bottoming out your suspension. your shocks are shot perhaps? the eibach's drop isn't that low. what is your alignment settings?

i got a 1 inch drop with 225/45/17 and i don't rub at all.
yea someone else said the shocks might be shot so i was thinking i might pick up sum illuminas..(illuminas+eibachs=200% better than stock?)
ill get sum pics posted up as soon as i get the tires..i was thinking about these
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...=false&cs=225&pc=28653&rd=17&vid=006164&ar=45

1 - 7 of 7 Posts