Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so far I have a Pioneer AVIC U310-bt and two Kenwood 10's with a Kenwood 1000 watt amp. I am looking at upgrading the rest of the speakers in the system. Here is what I am looking at:

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1
Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 6-1/2" Component Speaker System

Speaker adapters

6½" Speaker Adapters Lexus IS300 01-05 Front - eBay (item 310182502178 end time Mar-16-10 20:06:07 PDT)

6x9" Rear Speaker Brackets For 2001-2005 Lexus IS300 : eBay Motors (item 310178090155 end time Mar-28-10 00:22:51 PDT)

Infinity Kappa 693.9i
Infinity Kappa 693.9i 6"x9" 3-Way Kappa Series Car Speakers (6939i)

Infinity KAPPA FOUR
Infinity KAPPA FOUR 1200W Max, Kappa Series 4-Channel Car Audio Amplifier

Now I know I've read that most people only use the front speakers and subs with aftermarket setups, but I would like to use the front, rear, and the subs. My questions are as follows:

Are the 1" tweeters too large to fit in the factory tweeter covers?

Will there be any clearance issues using these adapters for the front speakers?

Do I even need these adapters for the rear speakers?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i would get a different head unit.. lol
i know its too late but that head unit only has one front and one rear/sub output.
that amp im a big fan of its very very small and puts out a lot.
kappa perfects sound ok as well< how much are you getting them for we might be able to find you a better set of components for the price..

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
oh and as far as the spacers go i would pay someone on here to make them out of mdf for you.
speak with italynstylion or avernier or i can do it if they dont want to.

and to answer your Q's the tweeters should be able to fit if you dremel a little out of the housing also you will need the rear spacer/adapters....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Out of curiosity I see that the adapters are 7/8" instead of 3/4". Would this bring the speaker up too close to the door? Also if the Kappa Perfects are ok, do you mean that they are just average? We have a few sound shops around here but I do not know of any that actually have any MB Quarts or the Inifinity Speakers to actually hear....Hmmm...I can just run the rear output into the line in and then feed the line output to the actual rear speakers from my sub amp.

EDIT: Forgot to answer the other question...I am getting the components for $198 from Techronics.com.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I love the Infinity Kappa Perfects. I had them in my IS. Great speakers.

However, you really should not be disheartened by what other members say about speakers. It's all personal preference. Some people like the aluminum tweeters that kappas perfects have while some prefer silk dome tweeters.

·
Registered
255 Posts
RTSD...you sound much like me when i started...i had to even make my own thread before everyone signed a petition to kick me out for too many questions...apparently there are sooo many other brands better than mb quart and infinity..at affordable prices...i too suggest going with the 3'4" baffle instead of the plastic stuff..
i say take your time and read a little bit in the forum and familiarize yourself with the better speakers...check out these websites... Onlinecarstereo.Com - Wholesale Car Audio/Stereo Deals At Bargain Prices
Woofersetc.com the online car audio super store, the largest selection at the lowest prices! <<<for the high end stuff....i dont know how your budget is but, take a look at these brands for your components,
focal
image dynamics
rainbow----cdt audio---- those are mroe than affordable considering your looiking at the 200$ range.. if you have any questions just post them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.