Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Florida and have a few stories to tell. Before I even made it to my destination in south florida a mustang svt cobra starting tailing me on the highway at about 70mph. He then continued to pull next to me and taunt me to race. So I through it in fourth gear at 14psi and floored it and off course a slow car pops in front of me 3 seconds later so none of us are satisfied. Finally a space opens and we look at each other and i throw it in fourth gear again, we were side by side for about 3 seconds and then I started to pull severely. I got so far ahead that I just stopped in fifth gear at about 130mph, he seemed very upset when he passed again :lol: I had my girl and my best friend in the car at the time as well. Highway racing is truly ideal :p

A few days later I was on federal highway in ft lauderdale when I spotted a new porsche carrera going in an out of cars at high speeds. I followed his zig zag patterns through traffic for a while and we finally found an open space. He smiled at me and floored it at when we were at about 45 mph , so i through the v 160 in third and literally disapeared. by the time i reached 90 the carrera was a good 6 lenghts behind :lol: i also had two ppl in the car at the time. I love to rip the doors of ppl with a four door car :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
ltuned&boosted said:
I just got back from Florida and have a few stories to tell. Before I even made it to my destination in south florida a mustang svt cobra starting tailing me on the highway at about 70mph. He then continued to pull next to me and taunt me to race. So I through it in fourth gear at 14psi and floored it and off course a slow car pops in front of me 3 seconds later so none of us are satisfied. Finally a space opens and we look at each other and i throw it in fourth gear again, we were side by side for about 3 seconds and then I started to pull severely. I got so far ahead that I just stopped in fifth gear at about 130mph, he seemed very upset when he passed again :lol: I had my girl and my best friend in the car at the time as well. Highway racing is truly ideal :p

A few days later I was on federal highway in ft lauderdale when I spotted a new porsche carrera going in an out of cars at high speeds. I followed his zig zag patterns through traffic for a while and we finally found an open space. He smiled at me and floored it at when we were at about 45 mph , so i through the v 160 in third and literally disapeared. by the time i reached 90 the carrera was a good 6 lenghts behind :lol: i also had two ppl in the car at the time. I love to rip the doors of ppl with a four door car :D
Hey Ltuned,

You can guess that I'm reading up on "kill stories" now and getting ready for my car to get back from Lance's shop by hopefully this weekend so I can start posting some of my own. Great kills!!! I've always been a Porsche fan/owner, but I love it when you can embarrass them with your four door sedan :oops: :oops:

What sort of power are you getting to the wheels at 14psi? I imagine around 410 or so, right? Just want to have a point of reference of what sort of power takes what car... I know there's a lot more to it than that...

Anyway, good kill(s).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
onyx_is said:
ltuned&boosted said:
I just got back from Florida and have a few stories to tell. Before I even made it to my destination in south florida a mustang svt cobra starting tailing me on the highway at about 70mph. He then continued to pull next to me and taunt me to race. So I through it in fourth gear at 14psi and floored it and off course a slow car pops in front of me 3 seconds later so none of us are satisfied. Finally a space opens and we look at each other and i throw it in fourth gear again, we were side by side for about 3 seconds and then I started to pull severely. I got so far ahead that I just stopped in fifth gear at about 130mph, he seemed very upset when he passed again :lol: I had my girl and my best friend in the car at the time as well. Highway racing is truly ideal :p

A few days later I was on federal highway in ft lauderdale when I spotted a new porsche carrera going in an out of cars at high speeds. I followed his zig zag patterns through traffic for a while and we finally found an open space. He smiled at me and floored it at when we were at about 45 mph , so i through the v 160 in third and literally disapeared. by the time i reached 90 the carrera was a good 6 lenghts behind :lol: i also had two ppl in the car at the time. I love to rip the doors of ppl with a four door car :D
Hey Ltuned,

You can guess that I'm reading up on "kill stories" now and getting ready for my car to get back from Lance's shop by hopefully this weekend so I can start posting some of my own. Great kills!!! I've always been a Porsche fan/owner, but I love it when you can embarrass them with your four door sedan :oops: :oops:

What sort of power are you getting to the wheels at 14psi? I imagine around 410 or so, right? Just want to have a point of reference of what sort of power takes what car... I know there's a lot more to it than that...

Anyway, good kill(s).
That is about the amount of power at 14psi, prob a little less.
As far as what power can take what, I think 500+ to the wheels makes the is300 an adversary for pretty much 95% of anything on the street, top end that is. I make my races the way I want them which are always above 3rd gear. In a short while you will embarrass just about anything on the street. Welcome to the 500+rwhp club :lol: Congrats on your ride sounds sick :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LexIS307 said:
wow, good kill, i love your storys there great keep em coming, The florida racing scence is very update and current, it dosent take long to find someone to race.
Funny I was staying in boca raton on military trail, I raced a shitload of cars around there, but only 2 where worth posting. A race with an e46 m3 was over after 2nd gear, I didnt even want to post it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
ltuned&boosted said:
That is about the amount of power at 14psi, prob a little less.
As far as what power can take what, I think 500+ to the wheels makes the is300 an adversary for pretty much 95% of anything on the street, top end that is. I make my races the way I want them which are always above 3rd gear. In a short while you will embarrass just about anything on the street. Welcome to the 500+rwhp club :lol: Congrats on your ride sounds sick :p
True, 500whp will kill anything out there, but that's at 23psi and I'm not going to be running that everyday. But I know that 400whp is about 500 bHP and in an IS300, that's insane! :crazy: :crazy: Have fun and be safe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
I'm not one to brag but since onyx_is wants a reference, my car puts down 406 rwhp at 1 bar which is my low boost setting on my profec-B and at that setting, I have beaten "higher" end cars without any problems. On my high boost setting, 444 rwhp at 1.2 bars, it will take a big V-8 with a big shot NOS or a BPU++ Supra to damage my ego, but then again they are still impressed.

It is nice to race on the highway because traction is not an issue at all. Racing from a stop sucks because feathering the throttle is tough when your turbo just wants to keep boosting. After so many kills, even really good ones, you guys will get tired of posting because it will soon become common knowledge that you are pretty much unbeatable. Looking for a good race becomes really difficult. Just remember, your turbo IS will reach speeds in the triple digits easily and you may not really know that you are past 120. Be very careful guys.

Congrats on the kills. I am jealous of your V160. I always worry when I am in third pulling to redline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,670 Posts
OMG, you were in my area! SHIT, i would have loved to death a ride in ur super beast, when is the next time yuor coming down, i could have set up some good races for you like blown mustangs, supras, and a few audi's...man oh man, wow would i would pay just to see that shit in action....next time your in town if you dont mind pm me and i could hopefully see you amazing car....but otherwise good kills
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LexIS307 said:
OMG, you were in my area! sh*t, i would have loved to death a ride in ur super beast, when is the next time yuor coming down, i could have set up some good races for you like blown mustangs, supras, and a few audi's...man oh man, wow would i would pay just to see that sh*t in action....next time your in town if you dont mind pm me and i could hopefully see you amazing car....but otherwise good kills
yea, next time I will let you know for sure. Prob this winter or next summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
trekster said:
I'm not one to brag but since onyx_is wants a reference, my car puts down 406 rwhp at 1 bar which is my low boost setting on my profec-B and at that setting, I have beaten "higher" end cars without any problems. On my high boost setting, 444 rwhp at 1.2 bars, it will take a big V-8 with a big shot NOS or a BPU++ Supra to damage my ego, but then again they are still impressed.
treckster said:
It is nice to race on the highway because traction is not an issue at all. Racing from a stop sucks because feathering the throttle is tough when your turbo just wants to keep boosting. After so many kills, even really good ones, you guys will get tired of posting because it will soon become common knowledge that you are pretty much unbeatable. Looking for a good race becomes really difficult. Just remember, your turbo IS will reach speeds in the triple digits easily and you may not really know that you are past 120. Be very careful guys.
.
treckster said:
Yea man I def agree, I wont post anymore unless I lose :lol: The other day I was just enjoying myself on the highway in 5th gear and noticed I was at 130. Kinda scary. Stoptechs are very useful in triple digit situations though.

Congrats on the kills. I am jealous of your V160. I always worry when I am in third pulling to redline.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top