Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hopefully these will get installed tomorrow...

Bilstein shocks...$111 each from tirerack.com (cheapest place)
Eibach pro kit(not pictured)...$220 from tirerack.com (also cheapest place)
L-tuned sways..$272 shipped with 15% off from sewell-lexus (BEST PRICE)
Knowing that my IS will handle ALOT better...PRICELESS.

***EDIT- Installed shocks and springs today. The car sits much lower like a finger cap of clearance (no pics yet). I don't know if thats good or bad...LOL. To me its too low, maybe its just all in my mind. ***
2/6/08..Well i drove around today and i really don"t like the ride height. Is there a way to make it higher? I searched and found that it has a "higher and lower perch" don't know what that means. If I get 18" wheels would that raise it up a bit? All info would be appreciated. Thanks.

***Edit#2(2/27/08) Getting used to my car being lowered... I LOVE IT. It handles so much better now. No more "boaty" feeling when sharp turns are needed and cutting in and out...I have the rear sway bar in the middle setting. I advise anyone to get this setup.***

Reactions: mikefate

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
nice setup. i would have gone with koni's, but the bilsteins are also a great way to go. good luck with the install.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but konis were out of my budget. So I chose door #2. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
nice setup.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
let us know how it goes, are you installing yourself? i've been debating bilstein vs. koni for a long time for my L-Tuned springs

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
I love my Bilstein's I think you'll love those too! Post pix after you install!

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
let us know how it goes, are you installing yourself? i've been debating bilstein vs. koni for a long time for my L-Tuned springs
No my shop would be doing it. I felt lazy today and didn't really leave the house.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^Got it done today.

·
Registered
599 Posts
how's the material of the sways ?? are they solid steel??

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I have the same setup but I dont have 1 finger gap all around maybe a tighte 2 fingers (1"). Are you sure the eibach sways come with end links? I've never heard of that before. Yo might want to double check to save you some trouble.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the same setup but I dont have 1 finger gap all around maybe a tighte 2 fingers (1"). Are you sure the eibach sways come with end links? I've never heard of that before. Yo might want to double check to save you some trouble.
Yeah my bad. I triple checked and they don't come with end links. I feel like my car is too low. What could be the problem?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just installed my billstein-nf210 last week. To my surprise, the car was LOW haha.. I mean I want lowering spring to lower my car, but not that low.

I have about 1 finger up front and 2 fingers on the rear. But I think if you put the billstein perch up-side down (or the other way around), you would raise the car up about another finger.

Don't ask me how I know, I had to do it twice because my dumb ass put 1 out of the 4 perch the other way around.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I understood what you said. Yeah I was thinking about that also...anyway back to the shop I go. The perch is the metal cup right that goes on the shock right? +rep for you.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
the spring perch on these shocks are not reversible......don't even try it....
That is correct, the perch has a groove where the c clip fits snug so the clip cant slip loose.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so how is my ish so low?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts