Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello all

i've always wanted a 2jz wagon and had no idea these existed until my mechanic told me about them

just got myself a 2002 sportcross. this will be a daily driver

but id like to turbo it... goal is around 400-500hp. im hoping i can get some answers on these forums as i'm confused about what's needed

·
3,528 Posts
There are tons of treads on turbocharging on the forum. Do a search and read a ton first.

Roughly you need. Rods, pistons, piggy back or stand lone ecu. Injectors, automatic built or manual swap, etc....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are there any reputable shops that can do the work in New Jersey area?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi yiannit and everyone else,

blue lexus sportcross just like mine, best car I've ever had. Still have it now after 7 years, was looking to change recently but realised on my budget I wouldn't get anything better so have decided to get her back to mint condition with some mods.Standard at the minute but I am a bit unsure about the difference between the sportcross and the sedan with regards to suspension (rear in particular) and also tailpipe length. I'm going for 18" rims and have seen a nice cobra cat back. Any help would be appreciated Lexus owners club blanked me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi yiannit and everyone else,

blue lexus sportcross just like mine, best car I've ever had. Still have it now after 7 years, was looking to change recently but realised on my budget I wouldn't get anything better so have decided to get her back to mint condition with some mods.Standard at the minute but I am a bit unsure about the difference between the sportcross and the sedan with regards to suspension (rear in particular) and also tailpipe length. I'm going for 18" rims and have seen a nice cobra cat back. Any help would be appreciated Lexus owners club blanked me.
Which rims are you looking at?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Which rims are you looking at?

Not sure yet. Budget isn't massive, got a few minor bodywork fixes to do as well. I've seen some 18" Romac Radium in gloss black. Still trying to work out what are the right coilovers to go for as well. Some say they fit the sedan and the wagon, others say not the wagon. I'll be searching through the posts on here to see what I can find out.

I'm just looking at improving the stance and looks at the minute, mines the 200 so would need quite a bit to get a good performance increase.

What you thinking for yours besides turbo?

It looks in good nick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts