Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone, I am new to the forums, and this is my first IS. I found a 2002 IS300 Sportcross with 55K, so I jumped on the opportunity. It's an awesome car, great shape, a lot of fun to drive.

I live in Everett, WA, but I work in Seattle. The car is going to be used as my daily driver, so anymore mods I do will be pretty civil. I am looking to put a strut brace one, does anybody have any suggestions? Or is it just a waste of my time? I'll probably get it tinted as well...

Here are some pics as of now:

Attachments

Reactions: sway162

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the compliments! It it pretty sweet... The car has been lowered, but I'm sure what springs it's sitting on. I haven't had a chance to lift her up and pull off a wheel to take a look. But the ride is great and the height is perfect I think. Swaybars huh? I'll have to look into that...

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Congrats again!

Rep to a new Sportcrosser and being a Washingtonian! Gotta meet up soon!

Definitely get sway bars. I just install some and it's a night and day difference.

For reference...here are pics of my OEM sways compare to the Hotchkis sways I have on now. Our stock sways are tiny!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, yeah. Those are quite a bit thicker! Guess I'll have to start saving my pennies and throw one of those kits on! How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I was fortunate to have a friend that lives nearby that had the Hotckis sways on his sedan. He's going back to stock. He needed stock wheels, so we worked out a deal. My stock 17s for his Hotchkis sways.

You can find these used in the for sale thread anywhere from 200 or more. New, they retail for over $400 but you can get good deals through our vendors on this site for less.

http://my.is/forums/f180/hotchkis-sway-bars-is300-is250-350-a-383544/
L-Tuned Parts - Hotchkis IS300 Sport Sway Bars

Besides Hotchkis...Eibach makes a good set for cheaper on Tirerack.com, but it's not quite as thick....but I heard great things about them.

There's also TRD yellow sways straight from Japan, which are hard to get and $530ish plus.

Whichever you go with, all of these are worth every cent. Just makes our wagons a whole lot funner to drive. Let me know if you have other questions!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice, sounds good. It'll be a little while I think, but it's definitely in the plan for the car... Thanks again for the info!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.