Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went up to Aero Tect today, and got some work done. Both Francisco and Jason did a great job. I'm really happy with the overall results. The smoke overlay is a little darker than my dark chrome tails, but I think it looks a lot better than before.

Smoked
  • Headlights
  • Fogs
  • Side markers
Aero Shield clear bra
  • Bumper
  • TRD Lip (Rep)
  • Sections of my sides and rear that are in the wheel well
  • Behind the door handles
Pictures

Before

After

Clear bra for the bumper

Custom cut for the lip

Done

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
woow. that came out damn nice! +rep for a shinier IS than mine has been in like 6 years!!

question: what lexus emblem did you need to get so it would fit in the altezza grill?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
so you decided to do the bumper huh Rey?! looks good

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Rather than opening all of the lights, and trying to make them black chrome, I decided to take to try a light smoke overlay. I'm glad I did. Em, I figure I'd probably regret not getting the bumper done down the road.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everything mentioned cost $490. They used Ventureshield paint protection. From what I've read, it is supposed to resist yellowing and orange peel better than the 3M brand...although, I have heard that 3M has gotten better. IIRC, the bumper was about $250. Prices will vary from shop to shop, so look around. For example, a local shop wanted about $260 for the front lip alone.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
beautiful! i always wondered, if you wanted to remove the film later on is it easy? and did they need to put a razor near the car to cut the film?

i'm usually anti-film but the results are looking better each time :approve:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
beautiful! i always wondered, if you wanted to remove the film later on is it easy? and did they need to put a razor near the car to cut the film?

i'm usually anti-film but the results are looking better each time :approve:

I heard that a heat gun makes the process easier. As for the razor...

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 20 of 50 Posts