1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
yes. you may need to change the angle of the shifter slightly id guess.

and its going to feel sloppy. like a whore on a saturday night.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I found this today...i think it can fit our R154. I think i'm gonna try it...

What you guys think????

Quick / Short Sport Shifter V3
If you look at an SC300 shifter for the R154, you will see that it has much more of a pronounced 'kink' in it. That is to move the shifter to the rear about an 1" or so. The one in your link is for a MKIII supra and you would have to notch out the front of our shifter mount location to get it to fit. Also, it would probably come pretty close to the radio/dash in 1st gear!

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
i wonder if it would work on my application..... hmmm.. i still need to see how my stock shifter fits.

Reactions: somguy2u

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i wonder if it would work on my application..... hmmm.. i still need to see how my stock shifter fits.
Well, you remember how much different the shifter was that you sold me in terms of the kink. After looking at the one in the link, it looks just like the one for MKIII Supra. I see that a guy with an SC300 said it works, but only a test will tell ;)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Sorry for brining back an old thread but I wanted to know if you already installed the shifter and what you thought about it. I have the 92 SC300 stock shifter and I wouldn't mind buying a short shifter.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
DC5ROY, if you get a short shifter, can you sell me your stock SC shifter?

·
Registered
434 Posts
i have the same one and i think it feels pretty good. It doesn't feel as short as the b&M on the W55, but its close enough. for stock fitment, my shop extended the shifter around 2" like this one:

·
Registered
595 Posts
See I'm not interested on buying a short shifter and then having to modify it even further to have it work. I rather just stay with the 92 SC300 shifter and deal with the longer throws. I just wish they would make a short shifter version of that shifter. I have tried looking but I haven't had any luck. I give you props though for what you did to the shifter to make it work.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Sweet. Or if you find another one somewhere LMK?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
You can find one at your local lexus dealer ;)

Ya....... I know that. Part #33530-24040 Cost is $136.04
But theres this thing about finding the same part for alot cheaper.:)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Bringing it back from the dead. I bought the shifter and guess what. It bolts right in and clears the chrome ring. It sits a bit more foward than center but it does not cone in contact at all with the ring in either gear.
Pros:
bolts right in no mods
short throws and lower than my SC300 shifter
feel like I'm driving my buddies S2000
great quality

Cons:
harder to get into reverse
a bit more effort has to be put on the shifter to switch gears.

Over all it's a great upgrade for the R154.

Reactions: vman932

·
Registered
250 Posts
Do you have any experience with the stock w55 (I realize you were auto, but maybe you've driven a stock 5 speed)? If so, can you compare the shift effort and throw length?

In the picture you posted, what gear is it in?

Could you post some pictures with the trim and boot installed?

Thanks for going out on a $300 limb and trying this out :). + rep

1 - 20 of 33 Posts