Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ... Im gonna buy Springs and Shocks pretty soon. How are the shocks sold? I know i got struts up front.. so do they sell the entire strut or just the cartridge for the strut? By they i mean (Bilstein or Tockico)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey Kid, GO SCREW UP A CIVIC or SOMETHING!!

Enough about Lowering this Beautiful Car!!

Do you want the Warranty for this car to be VALID??

[This message has been edited by stockIS3 (edited September 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
323 Posts
sotckIS3: why dont you go screw yourself!!!! and you think all of us are "kids". so what if im 20 and i bought this car by MYSELF. i think the main reason you are so pissy is because you thought since it would be a lexus you would be in the exclusive club, out of the range of "kids". well, you thought wrong. learn to live with it or sell your car to someone who wont be a little b!tch about it.

mike

[This message has been edited by acuracing (edited September 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is StockIS3 an old fart going thru a midlife crisis? Mind your own business if you can say something constructive Stock. Watch who you calling kid ... ok pops!

·
Registered
72 Posts
My dealer told me that TRD suspension would be available very soon. Does anyone know anything about this?
I want firmer, lower suspension, but I want it from Lexus/TRD.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I think you can get the TRD coil over that was designed for Altezza at Longo Lexus right now. Call their parts department.
I kind of doubt they will have a newly developed suspension kit for the IS mainly because they are now focusing on the GS series. But if they do have one specifically for IS, then it should be better than the one offered for Altezza, since the weight ratio is different for both cars.

·
Registered
130 Posts
...calm down stockIS3, TRD L-Tuned springs and shocks won't void your warranty and they surely won't slam your ride (case in point check out the L-Tuned GS3/GS4). That's what I'm waiting for, everyone isnt' a "kid" and you really need to quit with the generalizations, it really seems like some rice boy somewhere has tramuatized you or something.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Originally posted by Syndicate:
...calm down stockIS3, TRD L-Tuned springs and shocks won't void your warranty and they surely won't slam your ride (case in point check out the L-Tuned GS3/GS4). That's what I'm waiting for, everyone isnt' a "kid" and you really need to quit with the generalizations, it really seems like some rice boy somewhere has tramuatized you or something.
You're Correct Syndicate...
Everytime I hear one of you people talk about
"RICING or PIMPING THIS IS300 OUT" it DOES traumatize me!!

Shoot Me, Im in LOVE with MY STOCK IS300!!!

But ALL BULL *&%^*& aside, I really don't care what you people do with your cars. Im sure you're into the IS300 as much as I am or you wouldn't have the car. Right?
Don't let what I say upset you so much.
My Post are just That, My Post (OPINIoN)

·
Registered
442 Posts
StockIS3:

It is illegal for a car dealer to void the warrenty unless they can prove that the aftermarket part or parts were the cause of the problem. I'm not makin it up, this was talked about a long time ago.

Rarjoon:

The shocks are sold so you can just replace the old shocks. If your going to look at those go with the yellow koni's. But I would put on coilovers because the height is adjustable. But expect to pay around $1500 for them.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanxs GPR... I want to go Coil over if i can shell out that much in one sitting!
How much adjustment is allowed on a coilover setup? I mean can you lift the ride 2" as well as drop it 2" (I figure that to be a 4" adjustability) Im sorry I never actually seen a setup first hand. Also whats the life expectancy (years) of a coilover suspension? Is it worth the money. Can you guys fill me in on these details? How easy is it to adjust? I have seen ads for Ground Control claiming their system is better, than most cause it only uses one adjuster.. Whats the truth behind adjustment of coilovers? Gimme the low down fellas

Thanx!

·
Registered
239 Posts
hey u can't blame stockis3 for being so close minded... i mean, what can u expect from someone that's gotta be at least 50 years old

·
Registered
978 Posts
stockIS3,
You're entitled to your opinion, but haven't you figured out by now that NO ONE CARES??!!?? rarjoon is asking for advice on how to lower his car, not preaching about why not to do it...

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I know that TEINs are supposed to be some of the best coilover systems on the market. They have a set for the Altezza, which may work on the IS300, not sure though. I know that SCC has used some custom built suspensions for some of their project cars, I think it was 300ZX and Sentra SE-R, with good results. I think it may have been Ground Control or Shocktek...something like that, I'll check. I don't know how many inches of adjustablity there is, but some TEINs are 16 way adjustable, if I'm not mistaken.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts