·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new to the forum, i read many threads,
i had 2002 IS300 with 100200 miles,
do i need a new shock/ spring??
and how different with the stock one..
and, any suggestion on what shock n spring r good??
i appreiciate your ans/ helps...
thx.

·
Registered
817 Posts
we need a bit more info. do you want to lower the car? with over 100k on it i would recommend replacing the shocks anyways. tokico blue are very affordable.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I wouldn't change your shocks unless there's something wrong with them. Are they leaking? Do you hear any noises when going over bumps? Does your car feel overly soft? If so then change them.

Otherwise... it you are looking to upgrade the performance of your car... there are plenty of spring and shock combinations. Just be aware... in many cases... the more you increase the stiffness of the car (less rolling)... the less comfortable it will be.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for all the reply/ ansz.

how good is the KW Coilover Shocks $1725, from autoanything.com,
they are expensive compare to koni+H&R spring $900.

i dont care about the drop, but just want to have comfotable ride, lowering the ride does make it look nice,
any suggestions are welcome,
thank you all

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
my koni/Prokit combo is a pretty good daily driver. sometimes i wish i went the H&R route. the ride can be pretty much like stock depending on how the shocks are adjusted. unless you need the adjustability, shocks and springs will be your best bet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm in almost the same situation. So hoping I can get answers here instead of a whole new thread.

I have 105,000+ miles on my 2001. Can hear at least one front shock bottoming out(clunking noise) over speed bumps. It also vibrates a lot on the freeway.

What's the best and least expensive way of making my stock car ride better? Could I keep the old springs and get just shocks? If so, are these good prices on shocks? Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the help.

Tokico Illumina Lexus IS300 Shocks

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
The easiest thing to do to get your car to handle better is to get sway bars. I put those on before the springs/shocks... and it still made a huge difference in how much the car would roll.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts