Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, Just wanted to post an update. I got some new seats, Recaro SR6 special editions, with bride sliders/rails. the verdict: they're an adjustable race seat, they really hug you, but for me they are somewhat narrow in the shoulders. Its not uncomfortably bad, their more like a large russian women giving you a deep tissue massage... I've got a 35" waist, and I fit snug, and they really do give the right lateral support in turns, in my stock seats, I often found myself sliding in the seat, it was even worse on a track. So, if your willing to give up heated/powered seats, sliding around on spirited drives, and about 40 extra pounds of mass, these seats are for you. Next comes the fenders. I started installing these yesterday, then it got dark so I stopped, today it started snowing, so I'll get no work done on them today. Fitment is outstanding, there arn't any predrilled holes, but where there are suppose to be, there are dimples that line up perfectly, with the exception of the very front by the headlight, I have to drill an extra hole in fender/frame rail, but no biggie. I have not done that yet, but I can tell by just pushing on the fender that its going to line up with all the stock lines. I'm impressed. They are made here in Japan, the company is called Formula D. the store front is very small, 2 of my friends went with me, and we basically took up the whole store front, the factory where they make them and do all their test fitting is attached to it though. so they let us look around it a bit since we were buying a couple different body parts. hopefully tomorrow shows better weather, so I can finish the install, and take them in for paint. I'll also have the side marker hole filled, I don't really like side markers, and I'm having the body shop cut the vent holes a little larger, and installing some mesh grill. Heres some pics.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
dope dope.. more pictures of the brakes.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its LHD because I shipped it from Seattle to here so I can have crazy Japanese shops like Top secret, Jun, and Signal do a bunch of work to it.

The seats with sliders came to about $2300

you got it Phil

I'm actually going to be selling the brakes soon, I've got these from a JCTC skyline I want to install at all 4 corners.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Sell me the brakes. What base are you on? my friend Kim is out there with his Black NSX.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys, Phil if I'd count on anyone to buy them, I put you in the top 5 people who would. I'm at Yokota AB Japan. Its going to take me a little bit of time to get the brackets I need for the 8 pistons up front made, as soon as they are, the Project mu's are yours.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Zeal super function 6x6 way w/ external reservoirs.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
awesome. PM me a price later and im in no rush so take your time. But do keep me in mind.

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
thanks guys, Phil if I'd count on anyone to buy them, I put you in the top 5 people who would. I'm at Yokota AB Japan. Its going to take me a little bit of time to get the brackets I need for the 8 pistons up front made, as soon as they are, the Project mu's are yours.
We did the HVAC controls out there for Yokota. I was supposed to be headed out to engineer it, but someone else was chosen since one of my other jobs had a tenant build out that they wanted me to do.

·
Registered
73 Posts
love the car, man. i know there's a lot of people that like very subtle 300s, but i have to say that the fenders look nice; can't wait for the final show. how good are those zeals when you hit the track?

oh and if that's your bike in the back, cover it up, crazy!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
love the car, man. i know there's a lot of people that like very subtle 300s, but i have to say that the fenders look nice; can't wait for the final show. how good are those zeals when you hit the track?

Thanks for the support, I originally had a plan to keep it looking as close to stock as possible, then I put on the wheels, suspension and brakes in 1 day...then the hood, front grill and sideskirts. now fenders and front and rear bumpers, front and rear diffusers, 245's up front, and 275's in back....yeah so keeping it stock kind of went out the back window. About the bike, I know, I know, I should but I've lost interest in bikes. I've done my share of stupid stuff on it, I probably should of died by now on it. The last real ride I was on (2 1/2 yrs ago) we were spliting cars that were doing 60-70, we were probably doing 130+ at times, and I managed to brake traction in a turn, my reaction was somthing like.....hmm I wonder what will happen if I give it more throttle and ride it out to the straight......I made it, no tank slapping. my friends following, and my wife on her bike were going ballistic, drifting a bike was probably the dumbest thing I did on the street with it, after that day I kind of decided I'm done. I'm going to kill myself on that thing, I know it. I've had it here with me in japan for 1 yr now, and I have not rode it more then 2 miles, and have people here who want to buy it since its U.S. spec and has no speed limiter. Selling it will pay for my exhaust on the IS300 so I think its time to let it go.

JT

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

as for the handling on the track, they are truly outstanding! If your considering them, I would also consider Ohlins and Moton too. I'd say they are probably very close to Ohlins products, Moton being the god of suspensions, at the time I kind of needed a off the shelf setup, maybe after the engine swap is all done, and its completely tuned for the track, I'll get a set, but for now these are doing the job quite nicely. they can be a bit harsh on the street, and I've actually thought of getting a set of TRD blue struts/spring combo just to save by spine on the street.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Nice parts.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Very Sick. I heard that these aftermarket fenders are prone to chipping... did you find that anywhere during your research into buying these? My fenders look retarded and wavy, yet I don't want to grab something that may chip on me while im turning and hit a pot hole.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the fenders are fiberglass, so if they are abused they will most likely chip. Its something you have to be aware of.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.