Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally purchased a 2003. I didn't want to wait too long as then I would be in the same class on .Net as lil' IS 300. :wink: :roll: I picked up the car on Nov 28th and have been smiling ever since. 8) :D I can't wait to break this car in and open it up a bit.... :wink:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Bent said:
I can't wait to break this car in and open it up a bit.... :wink:
don't wanna start a war here, but my dealer told me you don't have to "break in" this car... the only thing you need to do is vary the RPM and speed for the first few hundred miles. just don't set the cruise for an hour and you'll be fine. have fun, i just picked mine up on friday and haven't stopped smiling since!

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
Bent said:
I finally purchased a 2003. I didn't want to wait too long as then I would be in the same class on .Net as lil' IS 300. :wink: :roll: I picked up the car on Nov 28th and have been smiling ever since. 8) :D I can't wait to break this car in and open it up a bit.... :wink:

Hello Bent :lol:

Congratulations! Welcome to the Lexus Family! 8)

I remember when I was buying my IS300, I had a difficult time choosing between IBP and MSM. They are both awesome colors. :wink:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. It is not Thanksgiving up here in Canada.

Tha Reaper - Let me know what you think of the Lexus car cover. I might just get one also if they are worth the $$$.

Bent wrote:
I can't wait to break this car in and open it up a bit....

ISthree00 wrote:
don't wanna start a war here, but my dealer told me you don't have to "break in" this car... the only thing you need to do is vary the RPM and speed for the first few hundred miles. just don't set the cruise for an hour and you'll be fine. have fun, i just picked mine up on friday and haven't stopped smiling since!
I just mean, I don't want to push it hard until after 1500KM (red line it).

It was a toss up between IBP and GGP, but now that I look back I made the right choice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
16 Participants
ATLDave
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing