Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I went to SEMA today and found a few new products for the IS! I'll be back tomorrow so I'll take pics and post them up later tomorrow!

Product 1

XS-Engineering Turbo Kit

8psi - 353hp
Cast Manifold / Intercooler / and more

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13366342

Product 2

GReddy Racing Full Titanium Exhaust (10 pounds)

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=133713453#133713453

Product 3

Turbonetics Turbo Kit for the IS

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13366343

This is jsut stuff I noticed quickly ..... I'll look for more tomorrow. :wink:

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Re: New Products from SEMA

M3This said:
Hey guys! I went to SEMA today and found a few new products for the IS! I'll be back tomorrow so I'll take pics and post them up later tomorrow!

Product 1

XS-Engineering Turbo Kit

8psi - 325hp
Cast Manifold / Intercooler / and more (get all the specs tomorrow)

Product 2

Sorry but I was on the phone with XS-Engineering a few weeks, maybe a month back asking about the turbo kit featured in Turbo mag. The guy, I forget his name, said they are not going to pursue F/I for the IS300. Saying it was too much work, can't get a CARB, etc. He said the RD IS300 pictured in the article was a prototype and they weren't going to pursue a production line. I was pissed. Why go and make a single kit, get press time and then decide not to go production? I've been on their site and there is no talk about the turbo kit that was supposed, according to the article, produce 450+ HP with 16PSI. With nothing on their site relating to any IS300, I am taking the guy's word. And if at the SEMA show, they are saying they will be producing it in mass, do me a favor and ask for a date.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

rllinghardis300 said:
M3This said:

Product 1

XS-Engineering Turbo Kit

8psi - 325hp
Cast Manifold / Intercooler / and more (get all the specs tomorrow)

Product 2

Sorry but I was on the phone with XS-Engineering a few weeks, maybe a month back asking about the turbo kit featured in Turbo mag. The guy, I forget his name, said they are not going to pursue F/I for the IS300. Saying it was too much work, can't get a CARB, etc. He said the RD IS300 pictured in the article was a prototype and they weren't going to pursue a production line. I was pissed. Why go and make a single kit, get press time and then decide not to go production? I've been on their site and there is no talk about the turbo kit that was supposed, according to the article, produce 450+ HP with 16PSI. With nothing on their site relating to any IS300, I am taking the guy's word. And if at the SEMA show, they are saying they will be producing it in mass, do me a favor and ask for a date.
Its at SEMA!!!!!

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=133713434#133713434

check that out! :wink:

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,617 Posts

rllinghardis300 said:
i think there may have been a communication error somewhere along the lines...the guys who talk to you on the phone may not be in direct contact with the guys who are the decision makers...or if so, the decision makers may have changed their minds too many times and the people you spoke to may not have been informed...

just my guess...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

HyperMKIV said:
rllinghardis300 said:
i think there may have been a communication error somewhere along the lines...the guys who talk to you on the phone may not be in direct contact with the guys who are the decision makers...or if so, the decision makers may have changed their minds too many times and the people you spoke to may not have been informed...

just my guess...
Yea the guys at XS org. used my car for fitting of Jame's kit on my car to see what they wanted to do for a production kit. They promised me a kit for letting them use my car, but then said they would be in contact with me when they start on the production pieces ...... a few months go by and a few phone calls to XS and they blow me off! so i figured they where not going to do it.... now they come out with the kit, and no word from them to me! they even blew me off at the show today for NO REASON ... and now I have a hole cut in my car for intercooler piping and no kit! ..... I'm not really a fan of theirs after all this :pissed: ..... but I figured the rest of you would want to know, so I posted up this info and pics! Hope you all like it. :)

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
M3This.. thanks for the coverage, really. But so what if its at SEMA, the kit made it in Turbo Mag.
The IS430 is also at SEMA but they're saying its not going to production. At least they said it at SEMA when showing the car. XS made no such statement, in fact in the article it said they waited for the manual IS to come out for fear of the auto not being able to withstand the power...
I hate it when someone starts to bula bula stuff not realizing you know what you're talking about..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.