Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was cruising around Yahoo News and saw this tidbit:
===========
TORRANCE, Calif., Aug. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Lexus announced today Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) for the LX 470 sport utility vehicle and IS 300 compact sport sedan.

The 2001 LX 470 will have an MSRP of $61,405, an increase of $1,300 over the 2000 price. On a comparably equipped basis, the price increases 0.5 percent.

The 2001 LX 470 receives new standard features including lighted running boards, graphite polished alloy wheels, compass and a wood and leather steering wheel and shift knob. The LX 470 also receives expanded optional features, which include a Mark Levinson audio system, chrome wheels and new DVD navigation system with a DVD/CD auto changer in the center console. The new DVD-based system allows LX 470 owners to play DVD movies. When the gear selector is in the ``P'' position, passengers can watch the DVD on the navigation display. When the gear selector is in the ``D'' position, the passengers cannot view the video but can listen to the sound.

The 2001 IS 300 MSRP will be $30,805, a $305 increase over the introductory price. Option prices for the IS 300 remain the same.

The delivery, processing and handling fee for all 2001 models will be $545.
===========
So, those of us who are waiting for a Man-Trans IS are already out at least $300, ofsetting any hope of a lower price when the 5-speed comes out.

Also, I'm sure someone will find a way around the DVD lockout feature...

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am wondering if the invoice got bumped up too. If not, all it means is that the dealers will be willing to "deal" for $300 off MSRP, which will be bring you back to current prices anyway. Besides, I got my price based on a number over the invoice, not off of the MSRP. I suggest that strategy to anyone.

Now, if the invoice got increased by $300 too, that's gonna be a problem

·
Registered
40 Posts
Was there a typo in that? The IS is already a 2001 model...so why is the press release talking about a price increase for the 2001 model? Or does it mean they are doing a mid-year price increase?

--Alan
(IS300 Owners' Registry)

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Probably a mid year thing.... My sister has an 1999 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro. However, the 1999 1/2 version has redone interior and projector beam headlamps... However they are both considered 1999 cars. Pretty weird huhhh?
Eric....

·
Registered
250 Posts
Eric -

Audi is notorious for mid model year changes.

They should probably include Month and Year in their model designation but that might not even be enough.

Terry

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
That's not too bad. Manuals are typically $1000 cheaper, so it's not a complete offset, plus the discount will definitely be better next summer.

Originally posted by toyotatech:
So, those of us who are waiting for a Man-Trans IS are already out at least $300, ofsetting any hope of a lower price when the 5-speed comes out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts