Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

its been a long time since i drove a stick shift, but i finally dedicated to become an is member and own an is300 of myself.

i been for the past month finding an is300 stick shift and recently i found a small family owned dealer that selling a silver is300 manual sport design with 65K and a black is300 in auto..but would love to find a 5spd in manual black under 16K

the silver tho is 15.5K i was wondering if thats worth is considering its a sport design and manual with 65K

what should i look for when im looking at the car..i read through the "FAQ" and what i should look for when buying a used car..but is there anything missing that i might be good to know?

the 60K was done and all but how can u tell if an engine was tampered incorrectly and if the engine wont last long in the long run..

any ideas or thoughts / helps would be great

hope to get my is fairly soon if the deal pulls through or i find a

im located in Texas.

=)

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your search!!

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
welcome to the site, good luck with your car search.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Hey, First Post =)

Almost The Same Name!

Good Luck W/ The Find!

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
assuming that the car is clean, which at that price for a sport design 5 speed i doubt it is, then thats a killer price. i think i would expect that to be probably in the $17-18 range at least. make sure it wasnt in an accident. check around the spare tire well and look for frame damage. the front end is pretty obvious if there was an accident. good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts