Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Christmas IS300T Photo Shoot: http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=276892

I posted a few updated pics and a video on page 5. Enjoy!

SPL AUTO TUNING CUSTOM TURBO KIT
-Precision 55 Trim Dual Ball Bearing Water Cooled Turbocharger w/ Turbo Blanket
-SPL Iron Cast Manifold w/ Heat Wrap
-Tial 38mm Wastegate
-TurboXS Blow-Off Valve
-RC Engineering 440cc Injectors
-Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
-Precision Front Mount Intercooler
-Intercooler Piping
-Downpipe
-Transmission Cooler
-TurboEast Electronics Black Box
-SRT Valve-Body Upgrade
-(6) NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
-Stainless Steel Oil Supply/Return Lines
-Polished Charge Pipe
-All Couplers and Connectors

-Innovate Motorsports Wideband AFR Guage
-Carbon Fiber Gauge Mounting Cups
-Defi 52mm Mechanical Boost Gauge
-Defi 52mm Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) Gauge
-GReddy 9mm Oil Catch Can

SPL Auto Tuning
1042 E Addison Ct.
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

A special thanks to my.IS member, froggums for shooting these pics 12.06.05. If you're thinking of +Repping, give him rep as well. As you can see, there are only a few minor things left to complete the install. SRT VB, TE Black Box, a little polishing, and all the other odds and ends. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I decided I'm getting the AEM wideband. What do you guys think of my setup?

·
Registered
238 Posts
congrats man, im jealous :p

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man, I cannot wait.

Altezza101 said:
congrats man, im jealous :p

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
make sure to update in my thread later when it's finished! :)

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
IS_Dude said:
what engine management are they going to do?

most important question of all..

he said "TurboEast Electronics Black Box"

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry guys, I already have the SAFCII installed in my car. I'll be running that with the TE Electronics Blackbox to prevent relearning of the ECU.

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kris at SPL Auto Tuning is currently running his turbo set-up on an SAFC and it's running really nicely. I'm going to have a little more than 300 rwhp at 7psi so it shouldn't be an issue. And I'll have the TE Black Box to prevent relearning of the ECU.

FourT6and2 said:
You're going to be running a turbo with an SAFC? Can you do this safely?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
IS300STeeZ said:
Kris at SPL Auto Tuning is currently running his turbo set-up on an SAFC and it's running really nicely. I'm going to have a little more than 300 rwhp at 7psi so it shouldn't be an issue. And I'll have the TE Black Box to prevent relearning of the ECU.
How come more people aren't running this kind of setup then when running at lower PSI? It is certainly cheaper then getting a standalone or a piggyback isn't it?

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the SAFC runs about $315 and then the black box I don't know exactly how much it costs. Some TurboEast budget kits run only on the TE black box. I think if you want to run something like 400 rwhp, different engine management would be needed. I will upgrade in the future when I'm looking for more power but I already have the SAFCII isntalled so I might as well give it a shot. Kris seems really confident in running my setup.

FourT6and2 said:
How come more people aren't running this kind of setup then when running at lower PSI? It is certainly cheaper then getting a standalone or a piggyback isn't it?

·
Registered
910 Posts
IS300STeeZ said:
Well the SAFC runs about $315 and then the black box I don't know exactly how much it costs. Some TurboEast budget kits run only on the TE black box. I think if you want to run something like 400 rwhp, different engine management would be needed. I will upgrade in the future when I'm looking for more power but I already have the SAFCII isntalled so I might as well give it a shot. Kris seems really confident in running my setup.

That's true, most S1 kits only run the Black Box, so running SAFC could only benifit with the extra tunning.

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah and SPL is including the AFC tuning in my install so it all works out for me. How is your S1 kit running Orangetang21? What kind of power did you make?

Orangetang21 said:
That's true, most S1 kits only run the Black Box, so running SAFC could only benifit with the extra tunning.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Orangetang21 said:
But the TE S1 kits use other methods to give the car the right amount of air and fuel...

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Orangetang21 said:
Like right above, TE also uses the upgraded fuel pressure and an FPR for futher tuning, and in the mentioned parts list, there was no mention of a fuel return kit.

With the injector tuning range of the AFC and at 7psi, I would suppose that instead of all the fuel return stuff the car could be tuned to cut back injector cycle enough so to run decently in vacuum, but then what means are being used to sense boost with the SAFC, is the MAF good for 7psi, or would tuning be around throttle possition?

B.

Reactions: IS300STeeZ

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
FourT6and2 said:
But the TE S1 kits use other methods to give the car the right amount of air and fuel...
correct, the blackbox alone will not deliver the fuel. you need to do other things as well and an SAFC won't do it.

be carefull IS300STeeZ. besides that on thing, also being the most important thing, you are going to have a nice setup.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts