Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been lurking a while now, had the IS for about 1.5 years now, just started with cleaning the past owners mess, have it where i want it now, wont be doing anything anytime soon, this is my girls daily, i drive a scion tc, once both cars are paid off, this will become my project car, the Tc will be my daily, and she will get whatever she wants

so on to the pics!

only mods are Hotchkis drop, painted the wheels graphite, and painted the calipers blue, and cleaned the exhaust tip

02 Intensa blue pearl

also, here are some pics of my car, 07 Scion tc

· Registered
1,975 Posts
I love the Agency Power finish..

· Registered
3,519 Posts
Nice and clean, I like the rims. They came out looking nice.
I agree with TRDRev though, It needs a front lip.

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks again!

the key to doing wheels with rattle cans is to use multiple light coats, rather then heavy coats, 1st sand with 600 grit (lightly, your not trying to completely sand the oem finish off, just scuff it so primer/paint will have something to stick to) 1st coat mist primer, 2nd light primer, 3rd medium primer, 1st mist paint, 2nd mist paint, 3rd light paint, 4th medium paint, and 5th medium paint should have a nice even finish, then with clear, 1st mist the clear on, then one light coat, followed by two medium coats, i left the wheels for 30minutes in between coats (a bit exesive but i feel it works best)

and no, the caliper paint is just duplicolor wheel paint that you find at any autoparts store!

hope those tips help

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TRDrev, i really like the trd front lip, however they are hard to find, at least the originals are, i read there was a company that used to make great replicas, but other then that ive only seen a few for sale, and they usually get snatched up pretty quickly!

but thanks, i really think the trd lip would work really well

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.