Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
The injen intake looks good. Is there anyway you can keep your engine cover on with it? Prob not, it looks like a pretty tight fit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The injen intake looks good. Is there anyway you can keep your engine cover on with it? Prob not, it looks like a pretty tight fit.
thanx
if i got the smaller engine cover. like the ones you see at car shows??
but the stock engine cover wont fit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
naw bro the stock engine cover will fit perfectly. I have an IS350 with the ingen intake and the engine cover snapped back into place after the install... try it again :)
if u want ill take pix of it tomorrow during the day.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
naw bro the stock engine cover will fit perfectly. I have an IS350 with the ingen intake and the engine cover snapped back into place after the install... try it again :)
if u want ill take pix of it tomorrow during the day.
aite
thanx for the tip
ill try putting it back on x]

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
thanx
if i got the smaller engine cover. like the ones you see at car shows??
but the stock engine cover wont fit.
I've got a 250mt with the injen intake. The engine cover fits perfect.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
looks great!

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Never saw the engine bay of an ISX50 before....looks kinda ghetto in some ways...the cover looks a lot better on imo...but the intake and exhaust is straight pimp! Just need to lower the ride some more and you'll be cool. +rep

·
Registered
146 Posts
yo nice ride.i really like that intake. id listen to these guys cuz im pretty sure the engine cover will fit bak on. i have the fujita f5 intake and my cover pops right bak in place. but anyways damn i liek the injen intake i wanna get one now.how much did u find urs for im tryin to see who got the better deal

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yo nice ride.i really like that intake. id listen to these guys cuz im pretty sure the engine cover will fit bak on. i have the fujita f5 intake and my cover pops right bak in place. but anyways damn i liek the injen intake i wanna get one now.how much did u find urs for im tryin to see who got the better deal
thnx
yea...when i get the time, im gon put the cover back on. havent had time to do anything with my car lately.

well...i paid $216 with free shipping
got it from Hop Up Racing - 350z, wrx, sti, 240sx, evo, scion tc, s2000, cold air intakes, springs, coilovers, exhausts, headers, boost controllers
they are reliable and hella fast shipping. it says 5-7 buisniess days, but i got mine in 4. x]

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Never saw the engine bay of an ISX50 before....looks kinda ghetto in some ways...the cover looks a lot better on imo...but the intake and exhaust is straight pimp! Just need to lower the ride some more and you'll be cool. +rep
you know any good coils for is250??
some people tell me to get the tanabe suspect 5s
others tell me to wait for the is-f and get its springs. the + is that its covered under warrenty and its street legal....if i get pulled over for it. the - is thats its gon be hella expensive.
i want coils/dampers kuz i dont wanna loose any of the luxury stiffness i have from stock suspension, but i wanna lower with out "ricer bounce" with regular lowering springs. plus..i wanna get some performance gain too. x]

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Nice car... but damn... that engine is not going to win any beauty contests! :disagree:

·
Registered
86 Posts
hmm... At $216, I wonder if I should have went that route rather than the JoeZ pipe with the HKS drop in which ran me ~$160 shipped

1 - 18 of 18 Posts