Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally was able to take some photos of my IS after i had just washed it. Dropped on Hotchkis Springs.

Just wanted to share with the family!!

Before Pic

After the Hotchkis Drop

Hope you guys Like!!!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
lol...u car still gots a long way to go....on the drop that is...give her like 2k miles to settle...and your front is gonna be alot lower....i love my hotckis drop..its so stock like when riding yet gives you a aftermarket feel in the twisties....i just wish my rear was a little lower...youll know what i mean in a month....lol congrats on the drop and keep moddin'!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It was a Lot lower than what i was expecting on the fronts. But it does seem to be around 1.5" f / 1.0" r.

I do scrape those plastic things at the bottom of my front bumber. But it pays off with the look.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
/\ /\ ditto on Dada. I have them right now, the settle much more, close to 2" total drop on stock shocks. I am thinking about getting HTechs/Eibachs (again).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
dadasups1 said:
lol...u car still gots a long way to go....on the drop that is...give her like 2k miles to settle...and your front is gonna be alot lower....i love my hotckis drop..its so stock like when riding yet gives you a aftermarket feel in the twisties....i just wish my rear was a little lower...youll know what i mean in a month....lol congrats on the drop and keep moddin'!!!

Thanx!!!

Actually I have had it on for about 3 mos. now. So hopefully its settled enough. It hurts me to hear it scrape on those dang steep driveways!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took it to a shop out in Bellflower, Ranchill Tires. $130. Did a good job.

hey barret1215, let me know how those Tokico Illuminas work for you. Im thinking of upgrading to those.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
looks real nice. cograts on the new mod.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx You guys!! Hopefully more mods are to come! For now its gonna stay nice and clean!!

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Looks good man! +rep to you.

I gotta get the sportsdesign rims!! Good gawd those would be hot in
black!

Pics threads make my.IS cool!!

j :)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
has anyone dropped on hotchkis springs with 19" rims....i havent seen anyone do it yet....mine are finally gonna get done this weekend...

im curious to see how theyll turn out....i have a front lip and 200 pounds of audio in the back...thing should come back slammed to the floor....lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When I saw it at the dealer lot glistening in the sun with the SportDesign rims- I could not Resist and fell in Love With It.

I totally agree with you Boman. If they were black they would look sick!!!

If I were to get new rims, they will be black or polished. Maybe when my tires get worn out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JAEohEN said:
has anyone dropped on hotchkis springs with 19" rims....i havent seen anyone do it yet....mine are finally gonna get done this weekend...

im curious to see how theyll turn out....i have a front lip and 200 pounds of audio in the back...thing should come back slammed to the floor....lol
Dude, good luck on the rear for you setup. The rear springs are really soft. I had one person sit on the back seat and you can definitely tell how soft the spring is. With two people, the rear tire almost tucks in.

Post Some pics!!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
^ive heard about that....but i rarely have a full car...ill have 1 person in the back at most....haha i will post pics....im pic whore at its best...

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Nice Hotchkis! Don't you just love them? You can't beat the price either :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You know what, the ride is of course a little stiffer.

There was at some point, i wanted to just take them off and go back to stock.

But screw it!!! It looks too sick to put back to stock!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts