Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car is almost finished.... there are still many minor things that need tweaking and adjusting. I need to some how widen the rear fenders because there is a lot of rubbing when I hit a bump. The body shop didn't widen them enough so I need to find a body shop that will fix it.

Here are some pictures from Saturday 4-12-08. I didn't take much pics of the engine bay because I need to detail and clean it up a little. Expect a lot better pictures and videos later when everything is fixed.

Here is my other thread I created for progress pictures:
http://my.is/forums/f90/new-is300-project-pictures-flares-paint-job-fiberglass-custom-trunk-335375/

Here are the pictures so far:

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Damn dude you came a long ass way! Looks extremely clean and i see you couldnt stay away from FI lol!

Cant wait for your next batch of videos! +rep ;)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
WOW!! The car is looking good man. The flares look like they came stock.

If you dont mind me asking where did you get the flares and how much did the shop charge installing them?

CLEAN!!!

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks good Moiz. Were you able to solve the CELs?
I am going to tackle that next. Just ordered a equus scan tool. The bung was made and the o2 sensor is installed. I just need to do all the wiring.

I have to figure out where exactly all the heater wires are that need to be tapped into for the o2 simulator. Then i'll install the ignition simulator. Thanks for your help again.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am thinking about getting a carbon fiber hood. Yours doesnt seem to line up to good, what the manufacturer?
It is a CWest. I think it is touching the top of the piping that is coming from the throttle body. My strut bar doesn't fit anymore due to GT35r and turbo blanket. I'm going to try and shave the strut bar to fit...

I dunno how I am going to get the hood aligned... I may just have to play with the mounting bolts...

Does anyone know if the hood is sopposed to still latch on with the stock latch? it doesn't seem to latch correctly... the only thing holding it down are the hood pins...

·
1,621 Posts
Wow, absolutely gorgeous!!

Great work!

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Welcome back Moiz. I will say you definitely took a 360 turn since your last project. Looks like a beauty, simliar to ISman's IS but it's alright.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts