Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o man.. im getting my dam tax money soon.. one whole thousand dollars haha.. what would you guys buy with that..i mean with your tax money.. if your getting any.. im still thinking about what i wana buy.. parts already on my car are (megan/pro 1)headers, y pipe, race pipe, (worldsport)catback , and an injen intake.. kinda wana save it and go turbo.. or maybe just buy a nos kit..:p
what about everyone else in the all motor section?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
If you want purely performance parts I would buy some suspension upgrades and then save whatever is left over for a turbo.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Oh definietly. If you plan to boost your car then you need to get some upgrades in that department to help with handling. For under a grand you could get some nice struts, springs, and sway bars.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yes suspension makes a big difference. Whether you are going to stay NA or later on go turbo, you are going to need suspension upgrades anyway. There are a lot of cars out there that can go fast on a straight line, but not many can go fast on twisties. Some coilovers, some sway bars, etc will make the biggest difference as far as handling mods and your car will be more fun to drive than with an intake. You'll be able to take corners with ease. Plus, it also works as a comsetic upgrade too because your car will look nicer when it's dropped, even if it's on stock wheels.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yhea you are right.. although im not into all the twistie things its a department i should really go for.. and i dont know about anyone else but i love the stocks..

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
i say save up for a turbo

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
dont forget brakes. I would buy some supra brakes or something cause if you plan on getting a turbo you going to need to handle it.

The whole reason im not boosted yet is a want to be able to tame it when i need to whether it be in a corner or just stopping.

Its better for you car to be able to be ready for boost and hold out a lil longer than to boost it and not be able to tame the power. Our breaks are great from the factory so you can always upgrade those as opposed to replacing them.

are you stick or e shift?

·
Registered
118 Posts
You really want to know...?

I'd dump it into a Money Market account at 4-5% interest and sit back wait for the recession. I mean, you don't have it now, you won't miss it if you're gonna buy parts when you get it. But that's just me.

OR... put it towards BIG BRAKE KIT. Going faster does no good if you can't stop!
Then again. everyone who buys parts now, might have them for sale for cheap when the recession really hits. Hmmmm.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts