Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, Mike here, Just came across a smoking deal (brother Inlaw) on a 2009 Is 350 with 19000 miles and picked it up, I have been a member on the Corvette forums for a while and have always learned alot by being a member of the forums, I just found this one today and joined and wanted to say Hello. My car is still stock, But I have never been able to leave anything alone.
So Hello

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome, I'm just finishing up my build on the vette and I know how I am, these forums can be dangerous for a wandering mind, anyway I hope to learn a lot here and be of service to others as time goes by.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, I'm just finishing up my build on the vette and I know how I am, these forums can be dangerous for a wandering mind, anyway I hope to learn a lot here and be of service to others as time goes by.
Well, the good news (for your wallet!) is that compared to the vette there's nothing you can reasonably do to significantly increase power on the IS.

I would highly recommend the F-sport sway bars for handling purposes though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a new owner too. I just bought a 2011 IS350 FSport package. Last weekend I bought & installed a K&N Intake 69-8701TP. This weekend will be Magnaflow performance exhaust 16764. I'll keep you buys updated on how it goes.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hi Everyone, Mike here, Just came across a smoking deal (brother Inlaw) on a 2009 Is 350 with 19000 miles and picked it up, I have been a member on the Corvette forums for a while and have always learned alot by being a member of the forums, I just found this one today and joined and wanted to say Hello. My car is still stock, But I have never been able to leave anything alone.
So Hello
Congrats.
Welcome aboard.

Have you seen many youtube videos of IS350 beating C5 Vette's? It's common!

This car isn't built for modding for power. The factory intake system is very well designed and optimized.. Adding some third party intake can lose power... There's no chip for it either. Joe-Z intake is an idea / recommended bolt-on. I personally wouldn't mod it at all... except for suspension (front & rear F-Sport sway bars & brace) and F-Sport wheels (or other aftermarket lighweight wheels).

It also makes you look good when you tell them your car is stock after you beating the other cars with more hp/tq. They'll say "Damn.... are ya kiddin me".

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts