Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! My name is Keith. I live in the pnw, Brand new to this forum. And brand new owner of a unicorn!

Was searching for a new car, really wanted a is300 or gs430 because I’ve always been a Toyota guy. Well, I searched up is300 in my area and then 5 minutes after me my wife did the same thing and found a car I didn’t see.

She ended up finding (after minutes of the car being posted) a 2004 Lexus is300, sport design, factory 5 speed, clean title, with only 46k miles from the original owner. I ended up finding out that the color it is (thunder cloud) is pretty rare too. I’m not a huge fan of it, it’s kind of a dark silver. But it’s growing on me. Anyways, Needless to say I went and bought it the next day for asking price of $6500 before anybody else did.
I think it was a killer deal. Only because if you know anything about the north west, sport designs don’t pop up often, 90% of the is300’s here at auto, 95% of them have salvage title, 98% of them have over 150k miles. And 99.9% of them have been though countless owners. So I’m pretty positive I found a unicorn
Not only that, it has almost every option you could add to these cars. Leather with memory seats. (Although not heated for some reason that’s literally the only option it doesn’t have) LSD, rear spoiler with brake light, etc.

I’m beyond stocked to build this car exactly how I want it. I have huge plans. I’ll get some pictures up soon, it’s retarded how clean the car is. And then I’ll start a build thread for it once I start racking up parts.

If anybody on here is from the north west let me know! I go to drift events and car meets all the time. Would love to meet new people! ??

Thanks!
-Keith

·
Registered
752 Posts
awesome. please post a pic of your car. manual sport designs are hard to find for whatever reason. if you search a little more, you will see all of the additional awesome stuff you get when you buy a sportdesign.

does your car have the 'ash white' interior too?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Hope you keep it clean and stay away from 80% of the body kits that are available for this car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has the black interior with grey piping. I actually really dig it with the silver accents of the petals and door handles. All the colors go really well with the interior. Have some plans for the interior as well.

I will get pictures soon as I detail it! Its suppose to snow for a couple of days so the outside is going to get really dirty for awhile.

As far as body kit, Im just going to do the trd lip kit then some custom splitters and an altezza grill. I have a pretty set vision on what the car is going to look like. Just have money going else where right now so I cant splurg on my car just yet. All though I do kind of want to just stack parts and do everything in a week and have it dialed. But we will see!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heres pictures of the whip finally. Supposed to not rain for 2 days so I cleaned it up...

Anyways, the outside is spotless other than 2 dents on the front bumper. 1 under each fog light. Which a front lip with cover up. Just debadged it today so the black chrome badges will be for sale with the black chrome sport design grill as well if anybody wants that.

Interior is nice other than a tear in the passenger seat, not too expensive to fix thankfully. I have a VIP table on the way I got for only $75 shipped from Japanese parts service. Didnt want to do a vip table but it was so cheap and it matched the interior perfectly. Ill upload pictures when it arrives and I get it mounted. I also ordered those diamond stitched floor mats that are really popular all of a sudden. (Hate if you want to, I think it will look fresh.) also since the other day my sunroof leaked like crazy, it caused my sunroof cover headliner to start to sag. Nothing crazy like you can see in the picture. But I think Im going to get rid of the light grey since its the only part in the car that is that color, and redo it with black diamond stitch to match the floormats. Then all the pillars, sun visors, and sun roof buttons Ill just black out as well. Only the pattern on the sunroof cover and headliner.

Thats all for now!

Once parts start coming in Ill start a build thread!

Thanks for checking it out!

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeeeeee another Built incoming!! Cangrats on the find, in pretty good shape :) Take care of her. I really love mine and can't wait for stupid winter to leave. Currently restauring mine completely

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Mathieu! Im stoked on this find for sure. Goal is to make it one of the cleanest is's in the northwest!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Been a little while since I’ve logged into my.is!
Here’s a little update on how it looks. Have done quite a bit since posting about buying it all stock. Recently sold the vs-kf’s but this is what it looked like in its prime. Still only has around 70k miles.🤩 So I’ve definitely racked the miles up a little bit but it’s still low compared to 95% of the 1IS’s out there. Next step is doing a refresh. New bodykit, hood, mirrors, spoiler, headlights, taillights, wheels, etc.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Sky Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Gear shift Light
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle
Car Vehicle Plant Steering part Motor vehicle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts