Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really happy with this car. It handles extremely well compared to my slightly modded integra. I like the low end acceleration and the automatic tranny isnt so bad...but its tough when i've been driving stick all along.

1. Did I get raped? They took my teg ls for $11k (which payed it off). I got the auto IS300 for $700/month for 60 months. Fully loaded except NAV...and also the 3 year teflon interior/exterior coating.

2. How well do you guys like the Potenza's that came on this thing? I was hoping I could get the SP9000's.

3. How do you turn off daytime running lights?

tia!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If you enjoy driving a standard and you bought a 2002 IS300, then why didn't you go for the 5-spd and save a few bucks in the process?

Can't compare prices with you because I bought mine in Canada, but the Potenza's are descent. I'm sure the Dunlop SP9000's would be comparible if not better, but I'd probably go for the S-02's myself...

I had a modified Integra before as well and I agree with you that the low end torque is a blessing! But, there was something about my GSR that I can't explain is better than the IS300. Maybe it was having the 5-speed.

Enjoy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts