Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
Just got the same post card. Kinda steep though, $265, plus labor. Ouch.
I'll keep mine, thank you very much.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
It's hilarious they charge for labor. It's literally 5 minutes of work. Remove slot cover, eject old disc, insert new disc, replace slot cover.

If they're gonna charge 3-4 times what Garmin does for a map update they could at least take the 5 minutes to install it free.

·
Registered
14,187 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bad link, got another one?

BTW, this isn't the version with the auto "I agree." is it? If so, I prefer the previous generation. You have to wait 5 seconds to see the nav. I'd rather just hit the agree button and be on with it.

Anyone have answers for the auto "I agree" version?

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
i thought there was a project going on either here or a clublexus to get the dvd's iso'd so we can just burn them and throw them in our cars. 265 is ridiculous considering my city's map was screwed when i got the car

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
i thought there was a project going on either here or a clublexus to get the dvd's iso'd so we can just burn them and throw them in our cars. 265 is ridiculous considering my city's map was screwed when i got the car
Given how illegal that'd be I doubt there's an official project on either forum for such a thing

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
The latest version v7.1 gets rid of the "I agree" button. The warning screen goes away after about 5 seconds. I would love to have that on my IS but there is no way I'm paying over $200 for it.
I'm with ya, for now I'll use what I have. However, those I've talked to with 7.1 say they actually prefer the older version, in that they get tired of waiting to access the nav.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I believe if you buy the disc from sewell lexus they offer something like $50 for the old navi disc. Makes it a little cheaper...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where is the Navigation ECU located??

Anyone know where the DVD drive is located 06MY IS250? I hit the eject button off of INFO>DVD>EJECT and it won't come out of the dash drive (all audio CD's were ejected). Looked in the trunk, under the seat, but no luck.
(fyi - New Map DVD 8.1 will be out in Oct/Nov. If you are still running v5.1 that's pretty old data. There's been a lot of new POI's/info added and $265 is reasonable).

·
Registered
787 Posts
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but does anyone know the latest version of the Nav disc which is available and how can I find out which disc is in my car?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but does anyone know the latest version of the Nav disc which is available and how can I find out which disc is in my car?
IMU that Version 9.1 came out on 9/01/09.

Lou

1 - 20 of 20 Posts