Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audio and NAV discussion was intended for the Inside and Out forum, but I understand that is not so obvious and wondered if y'all would rather see a separate Mobiletronics forum?

------------------
Tony
'01 Stock Spectra Blue
'94 12psi Turbo Miata

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by webmaster:
Audio and NAV discussion was intended for the Inside and Out forum, but I understand that is not so obvious and wondered if y'all would rather see a separate Mobiletronics forum?

Nah, I don't think so... that'll just add another level of vagueness

------------------
~soybomb~

·
8,880 Posts
Originally posted by webmaster:

I posted Nav for Laptop in the General Discussion because it's not exactly an inside/outside part of the car. Although, I do plan on using it in my car. On a second thought, it fits under inside/outside forum.

·
Registered
653 Posts
No. I dont think so. It could go in the inside outside part of the current forum.

------------------

2001 Lexus IS300
Black Onyx/Fully Equipped
Dont start none and there wont be none!

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Tony, where can I e-mail you at? By the way, I think it'll be a great to add a mobile electronic forum.

------------------
Solar Yellow/Black IS300

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unless I hear howls of protest, I'm going to add it. I think it's a good self-motivating topic. I hate "fragmenting" the forums and the comment regarding fast replies is valid, but I value organization...

------------------
Tony
'01 Stock Spectra Blue
'94 12psi Turbo Miata

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
if you want to do something like that...then it's all good. the more organization the better...the only bad thing is, not everyone who are good contributors go to the other forums very often. also, a lot of people will just post in the general forum for lack of responces...i've seen this a lot in the past. i don't mind responding to good questions...but then when i have to go into a bunch of different forums, it deters me from going there.

just some thoughts...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
98 ZX7-R lime green...Team Green BABY!!!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I try to hit all of the forums just so I don't miss anything... I may not necessarily be able to comment on every question or opinion, but a lot of the times, I may find something useful there myself...

I think the General Discussion area is cool because obviously, it gets the most traffic... but then again, there are so many posts here that could belong in a more specific or sub-topic forum... I think it needs to be cleaned up just a bit. Or people should think about the question or comment they're posting, and decide if perhaps it wouldn't be better in one of the other forums rather than just throwing it in the General Discussion area.

Just my two pennies...

Scott.

------------------
...yet another proud owner of a fully loaded Graphite Gray Pearl '01 IS300

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
I think it is a great idea.

------------------
2001 SBM/Black IS300 w/Navigation
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i Titanium Silver w/Black
1999 Ducati SS 750(worked)
2000 Razor Scooter w/Wheelie Bar
1982 Captain America Big Wheel

·
8,880 Posts
While we're at it, let's make a dating forum:
Graphite Gray Male looking for SBM Female.
j/k.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts