Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you were the first to respond TEG, i guess i will ask you....Is it true that you can get your 17's chromed directly from the factory in Cali...?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I don't think the factory does "chrome" wheels for the IS300. You can get "Graphite Polished" wheels as an option - they have a different finish than the stock wheels, but it is not "chrome".

Many dealers will contract with 3rd parties to add chrome to the stock wheels.

From what I have seen the "aftermarket" chrome wheels (with dealer markup) cost $1000-$2000 over the regular price of stock wheels.

The factory "graphite polished" wheels are a $400 (MSRP) option.

California wasn't getting any graphite polished wheels at first, but they are starting to show up in limited numbers now.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
All the things everyone has been saying about getting a certain IS in Cali is weird.

ppl say they cant have a certain color with certain options and so forth, to me that would really suck

Here in the midwest (chicago) you can go to the dealer and get any color with any option you wanted. graphite wheels...no problem...black interior with LSD and Trac...no problem...

I wonder why Cali is so limited in their stock of IS's. I know a lot of ppl are buying them there but i wouldnt want to be forced to buy what they had left on the lot just to have one. If your paying that much money you should be able to get what you want. If the dealer does'nt have it then they should FIND it, if they want your business. i guess not

ONLY IN A PERFECT WORLD!!!!!!

ONYX 01

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Teezin, i guess the chrome rims in Oceanside ares about the same as the price TEG quoted me....That was the only thing i really hated not having on my IS...Beside the GPS Nav

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Spectra1
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing