Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone..I Just Purchased An 03 IS300 Sport Design Onyx Black Exterior + Interior.I'm Loving Every Second of It!

Please dont pull a this one me
Flash » Posting And You...
i've searched! please bare with me!

I'm currently having an issue..i took a pic of the defect, well maybe it might be the car itself is totally perfect except for the hood it has slight rock chips and the prop hood clip is broken. But MY main concern is where the side skirts are mounted..it seems its been painted? both sides have it from begging to end and it seems a little to the body, not to sure because i haven't washed the car yet

(more pics to come after i wash the car) quick interior shot for now =)

but can anyone help me or have any ideas if it DOES look pianted

clean title everything..just only defect i found that broke me in half

so anything would be great

love the car..glad to become an IS Member!

*****UPDATED FOR PICTURES*******
Just Washed..Not The Best Photographer <-- Used My 2.0 Mega Pixel Camera
Enjoi =) Still Needs A Wax Tho!
Love My Is300
:)

Who's Was Washing Their Black Is300 Up My Street As Well =) Haha Wonder If He's In This Forum! Has All Black-out Taillights! But Seems Stock..Except That Wing Spoiler!

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Welcome.

It's normal ;)

Reactions: Chigger

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Yeah... there's rougher paints on the bottom edges of the car. It should resist stone chips much more than the regular paint.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh man that so good to hear that it's normal, feels ridged and rough like so amatuer painted it almost..but its does look factory..phew! i guess when i see a lexus is300 parked i'm going to run up and touch theres ahha =) just to confirm

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
That bottom part is called chip guard. Its a rubbery material that body shops and manufactures spray on before the paint. If you use your finger nail, you will understand. I had to cut in certain places under the sides to mount my JDM side lip to the car. JDM FTW!!!

Oh, welcome and stop teasing :p

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Looks like you got yourself a gem there. Congrats and welcome! And yeah, the rough paint is normal :). Have some starter +rep.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone, more pics will come on the weekend, when i wash the car

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
welcome...and in case no one else answered,

It's normal ;)

there's rougher paints on the bottom edges of the car. It should resist stone chips much more than the regular paint.

That bottom part is called chip guard. Its a rubbery material that body shops and manufactures spray on before the paint. If you use your finger nail, you will understand.

the rough paint is normal :)

again, that is normal on the IS300

:lol:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Whats up Onyx5speedsport, you finally uploaded pics! This guy bought an is300 like 3 days after I bought mines, funny. I wil lpost my pics up soon as well, just have no had the time, school and work, paying off the insurance quote (941$/6 months with state farm, clean history, $1,000 deudctibles, 1.5 yers of driving experience) and the DMV stuff (Tax, registration, title transfer, smog, about $750). Sweet ride, my other friend had interests on that car. Enjoy.

·
Registered
827 Posts
nice car and welcome

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey everyone! thanks for the help and input! will wax the car when i have spare time! hopefully by this weekend! just purchased turtle wax ice clay bar to get rid of the caked on wax residue from previous owner and those circles i hate!

but will post pictures with a friends camera...my cell phone isn't to great!

practice makes perfect! <-- still learning manual (trying to prefect it for a smooth and comfortable ride for others)

first mod....um....maybe tint or something small..i like the way the car is already..maybe some HID's!

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
Yeah, short shifter. You will learn faster and it will be much smoother. Nice pics.

Reactions: mycalr

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
I dunno but I usually try to stay away from anything Turtle Wax. I would go with Mothers or Mequiers Clay, than hit it with NXT.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts