Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've owned a 2002 IS300 in absolutely red for about 3 years now. Factory 5 speed, LSD.

About 2.5 years ago the engine blew on the highway due to an oil pressure issue, the crank bearing spun and sent rod #1 through the side of the block.
I've since removed the old motor and transmission and acquired a replacement engine, it's a used engine I got from a friend of a friend. I either need it refreshed and installed professionally or I need to sell the car as it is now, in pieces.

I now live even further away from the car and seem to have less time than ever to work on it myself.

Anyways, I think I need more clout in this forum to post in the for sale section, so here I am, hello.

The car is located south of Austin, TX and I would potentially entertain trades for an IS300 sportcross or other clean-ish commuter Toyota or Honda Fit. Or if anybody knows any shops that might want to take on a job like this in Austin I could have it repaired.

Thanks and here's some photos from when I was driving it in 2019. Has approx ~153,000 miles. Was one of the cleanest IS300s I've seen, had no body damage other than one small ding above the driver's side fender. Paint was in excellent shape and still should be, it's been under a cover. Excellent interior as well, had no dash peeling/stickiness.

Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Sky

Wheel Car Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle

·
5,683 Posts
Welcome, Yes, you need some many posts before you can post a car for sale. It prevents the forum from being a dumping ground, It also prevents you from sending PM messages.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Its going to depend on how much you want back from it, or how much you want to spend to get it running. If you arent looking to spend much but want to have it running i would source a 2nd hand motor with similar or lower mileage and get that fitted, getting an unknown condition motor rebuilt is most likely going to cost a lot more. Not sure what the cost of labour to fit is in the US, but i would imagine it is about the same as the cost of the motor if it is anything like it is here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts