Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peeps, I'm Kevin, I'm 20 & I'm from Ventura County of SoCal:popcorn:

I'm a previous 4th owner of an IS300 2004 sedan. Sometime mid last year around April I believe, I had gotten into a four car collision, I had taken my eyes off the road for just a bit and just to look back.. I had crashed into a stopped car, and it rippled hitting the car in front of her and that car hitting the car in front of him. I had experienced no injuries and neither did anyone else but the car had taken frontal frame damage, front bumper gone (obviously), front lights, grille, and radiator dead. Everything else (engine, motor) is perfectly fine along w/ a full tank still in the car and 79k on the odometer. Car is totaled, but apparently not a salvage title since it was only on liability insurance w/ USAA. My dad states that it'll cost more to fix than to actually grab another car.. so this 04' is just in my driveway collecting dust but hold up here i'm not done yet..

Fast forward to today, my uncle is about to get an IS250 and once he does he's going to give me his 01' IS300 for about $2.5k. It has 200k on the odometer but every single maintenance service he's done, was done with Lexus itself. It also has a clean title, so the engine is in great condition. A lot less for me to worry about.

I've mainly joined my.IS from my uncles referral after I've asked him about learning to fix up the IS once I receive it. I hope to find everything I could here that will support what I'm looking for. I want to learn more and research about the car so i'm more appreciative of my vehicle. I'm very interested in acquiring coils and a camber kit, but i'm not too familiar w/ it so hopefully I could learn a thing or three here.

I've gone through hell this past year & 1/2 with a constant breaking down Honda Civic, and I've learned my lesson to keep my eyes on the road. Everytime I see an IS, I get some pretty gnarly flashbacks because the IS300 is such a great car. It gives me the feels, and I can't wait any longer to get another shot at the IS once again.

The whole community here seems really friendly, can't wait to start working on my IS soon! Will keep post updated once I receive the next IS,

Thanks!

444.jpg
My first IS/04' after the accident

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
-Also I hope to part out the spoiler of my 04' onto my 01', hopefully I could find something relating how to do so.

·
Registered
131 Posts
welcome to the fam , ull find tons and tons of very helpful info on here , i tell u once u start working on these cars u cant stop lol .. good luck man

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: 4/4/16

I just received the IS300 2001 from my uncle after he bought an IS250.
These are the photos of the Auburn Sky 2001 IS300, theres quite a ton of wear on the roof and hood but the rest of the body is in perfect shape. Also I've decided to dip the emblems and grill, it came out a lot way better than I thought.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need quick advice, on the long run I'll get a new paint job of the same color for the roof and hood but for something temporary, would the roof look great by being dipped in black? Of course, I'll sand it first and make it smooth before doing anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts