Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I'm new to the forum, I have some questions?

I own a 03 is300 MT swapped, I've done the wiring to get no cel's and everything works.

im in the market for a standalone or maybe piggyback even.. I have a friend who went big turbo and went full standalone his car was auto/ na-turbo pretty much all stock just bigger injectors and had a Greddy emanate ultimate..

he is willing to give me the ultimate with the boomslang harness, he said on a stock car maybe headers or a cam upgrade I can achieve decent results from stock he also said I can raise the rev limit! which is necessary for this thing lol anyone can second his opinion, I drive it everyday.

I wanted to do just headers, exhaust, if I could swap to a GTE style intake and get rid of the Dbw system, can this be done with the ultimate? or am I just wasting my time? lol I mean its free. I have a 600whp sti but I do wanna familiarize myself with tuning and learn a little rather than just giving my car and keys to a tuner like ive done with the sti. I've been going through the search but mostly everything if not all is NA_T

also if so what base map would I be able to use?

any direction would be great.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Welcome!

You could do the catless header, and get the “cold air” intake, some 264 cams, maybe an adjustable exhaust cam gear. You really don’t need the emanage, and I question how much power it’ll open up for you vs the hassle of install/tune. I seem to remember a few old threads where there were some NA bolt-on IS300’s gaining a few ponies from it, so if it’s free...it can’t hurt if it’s tuned properly.

There’s not really a base map for it, since it’s a piggyback. When you first install it and have the configuration settings correct, all the maps will be zeroed out. The stock ecu is the “base map” and the emanage alters the stock ecu signal - it can advance/retard timing and shorten/ lengthen injector pulses, but it is triggered by what the stock ecu feeds it. That’s kind of the downside, you can’t truly punch in a number, check the AF and adjust...you’re still constrained to altering the stock ecu signals.

You could swap to a gte style ffim (forward facing intake mani) but the NA mani is tuned for the best torque NA, so you may actually hurt performance. I don’t believe there is any way to ditch dbw with an emanage. You totally can with a standalone. It would need a iacv because the dbw motor also controls idle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhhh I seee I see, I may just bite the bullet and by a Haltech or the XM/link plug and play standalone kits

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
581 Posts
If you are trying to squeeze power out of the GE naturally aspirated, pass on it. Too much money for not enough return. Especially talk about buying a haltech to run an All motor GE. 🤦🏽‍♂️

If you buy a stand alone, then go turbo. If you are simply bolting on headers, intake, exhaust and MAYBE cams (still think waste of money) then the FREE engage will suffice.

Reactions: Kris OK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m not worried about spending the money and eventually I will turbo it but I wanna learn how it works, I have two other cars that I put together that will required some form of engine management other than stock, so to know how these systems work and to be able to get the car somewhat setup would be great and cost effective for me. My sti has been on the dyno a lot so I know what it cost. Especially if it was a custom application

Reactions: Kris OK

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
581 Posts
Like I said above, if you want to figure out how to tune the car somewhat, get the FREE emanage, do simple bolt ons (intake, header, exhaust) and have at it. If you want to boost the car, you can still use the emanage although it wouldn’t be the most effective tuning solution. A link ECU with the boomslang harness would work the best in retaining gauge functionality while allowing you full control over engine aspects.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you would have just stated the last paragraph in your reply that would have been all that is needed lol
I never said anything about building an all motor ge, I never said anything about building anything. All I ask is that if an Emanage could help learn parameters, A/f ratio things like that.
Damn dudes always trying to tell you how to spend your own money jeez.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
581 Posts
If it’s free, use it.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
581 Posts
Is that an acceptable answer?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts