Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made an exhaust for my car a few weeks ago, and just yesterday I got my lip on so I went to snap some quick pics. However, I forgot that I left my camera's ISO at 1600 so they came out all grainy... I'll take some more pictures whenever the weather clears up, but I thought I'd post something from the shots I took:

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
I love those wheels! Paint the lip please, other than that it looks great!

·
Registered
72 Posts
the car looks hot man. I would trim the tip a little bit so it doesnt stick out as far, but looks good.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I love the look of your AR! I came close to getting one...but, love the wheels and the look! +rep!

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The exhaust is an ASpec muffler with custom piping, for those of you that commented on the tip, its 7 inches long, and I love it. I may or may not be painting the lip, because I'll be getting full Version Select aero when it comes out. I just bought the lip for daily driving. And I bought the lip used from another member on here.

·
Banned
371 Posts
so jealous.. i wanna lip!!!
custom exhaust ftw! +rep

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Paint the lip please! It doesnt look good with it like that. The wheels look great though. The exhaust tip... sticks out too far in my opinion.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
See, you guys all live in nice warm climates. Here in chicago we have this thing called winter where there's tons of ice and snow everywhere. I daily drive the car, so I'm gonna be slamming the lip into all sorts of shit for the next couple months. That's why I'm waiting until spring at the very least to paint it, and for the time being it looks fine.

And its the ATR amuse lip

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And here's another shot of the exhaust... For the haters

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Diggin the lip! The exhaust is a little much though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Im envious. lol

I just got an AR as well and i wanted basically the same setup (grille, lip, drop)
And i personally like the exhaust.. its different :approve: :approve:
+Rep

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
the wheels are awsome!

even if you bought the lip just for daily driving (whatever that means) it needs to painted, sorry.
if its winter thats the issue, remove it.
the exhaust um, no. its going to be a matter of time before some hatter sees the perfect opportunity to jump it, literally.

sorry but i think you killed some respect of your car with the unfinished lip and that thing on the back. the setup doesn't match with the super jdm works.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Looks good man. Paint the lip you'll love it.

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
If not professional paint. Since its your daily driver. Then use rattle can black with a bunch of clear coat. It shouldnt cost you more than 2 cans at Walmart, Schucks/Krager, Autozone.

the wheels are awsome!

even if you bought the lip just for daily driving (whatever that means) it needs to painted, sorry.
if its winter thats the issue, remove it.
the exhaust um, no. its going to be a matter of time before some hatter sees the perfect opportunity to jump it, literally.

sorry but i think you killed some respect of your car with the unfinished lip and that thing on the back. the setup doesn't match with the super jdm works.
Which means Drives it everywhere and everyday. Others have the IS as a 2nd summer car. They keep it hibernated through the winter beating

1 - 20 of 126 Posts