Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:
I just bought my first Lexus IS 300 F-Sport (2017) after looking at the Jaguar XE, Q60, and Alfa Romeo Giulia. I made my decision based on reliability and included options (mine is completely loaded), for the money and the fact that the car is Certified through 2026 the Lexus could not be beat.

Now my question: I see a ton of aftermarket options for the IS 350 buy there is hardly anything for the IS 300. Intake systems in a perfect example, you can find a K&N entire system for the 350 but not the 300 when they have the same engine (V6 3.5L)

Are the 350 and 300 parts basically interchangeable? Obviously there are vehicle specific items - I'm not really talking about suspension, and areas where the vehicles actually differ, I'm just referring more to aesthetically and "basic" things like the intake system I mentioned

Sorry if that's a n00b question - when I do a search for my vehicle it comes up pretty sparse but if I do the same search for the 350 there's a lot more options so I'm a bit confused about the disparity. Do people basically lump the 300 in with the 350 when it comes to this?

Appreciate any thoughts!

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
770 Posts
The 2GR equipped IS Intakes from 2016-2019 should fit your car. That being said:

The earlier pre 2016 3is would not fit your car as I think the mounting points are slightly different. I am making LARGE assumptions here but honestly same engines in the same chassis. It’s a logical assumption.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts