Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an e-mail about a driving event for the new ES300 similar to last year's IS300 event (i.e. two tracks, professional drivers, other manufacturer vehicles etc). The 2002 IS300 will also be there. The web-site is www.lexuses300drive.com or you can phone them at 800-747-4762.

Locations and dates are:
Ausust 11-12 Los Angeles El Toro Marine Base
August 25-26 Chicago Motor Speedway
Sept 4 Dallas Lone Star Park
Sept 15-16 Philadelphia Philadelphia Park
Sept 29-30 Ft. Lauderdale Gulfstream Park

Cars you can drive (not mentioned on website):
Lexus ES300 (new 2002 model)
Lexus IS300 Sportwagon
Lexus IS300 Sedan (probably auto)
BMW 325i
Mercedes C320
Mercedes E320
Volvo S60 2.4T

For those interested my dealer tells me the new ES300 will be available around Oct 1st.

[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: pelucidor ]

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's worth giving them a ring to see if the California dates are correct as I think the web-site has some errors.
I phoned to confirm the venue for PA and I was told that I was the first person to sign up on-line, and that the venue was a different track outside Philadelphia.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got my invitation yesterday and am confirmed for Dallas Lone Star Park September 4th, 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. About 300 have confirmed for the Dallas preview.

Nancy

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just got this email: I'm in for the Lauderdale event!

Lexus invites you and a guest to participate in an event devoted to experiencing the all-new Lexus ES 300-a benchmark in luxury.

You'll find everything except for salespeople. Drive the all-new 2002 ES 300 around three rigorous tracks, enjoy delicious complimentary cuisine, fascinating displays, a visual journey provided by Travel + Leisure and competitive test drives against the Acura TL, the BMW 325i, the Mercedes-Benz C320, the Mercedes-Benz E320 and the Volvo S60. Space is limited, so log on to http://www.LexusES300Drive.com today to register* for this event and to learn more about the all-new ES 300.

The 2002 ES 300 has been redesigned with an eye toward luxury-from the jeweled front headlights to the sculpted front seats to the tip of the refined chassis, including:
- a 3.0-liter, 210-horsepower V6 engine with a new five-speed automatic transmission
- redesigned front seats with available leather
- dual-zone climate control, which allows driver and passenger their own settings
- available Mark Levinson(r) sound system, the ultimate in stereo quality.

Reservations are required. Your reservation number is (are you crazy? I ain't posting that here). You will need this number to register.

This event will take place rain or shine, so please dress appropriately.

*If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please call 800-747-4762 to register.

(c)2001 Lexus, a Division of Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. Lexus reminds you to wear seatbelts, secure children in rear seat, obey all speed laws and drive responsibly. You must be 21 years of age or older with a valid license to drive. Invitation is non-transferable. No pets allowed. For more information, visit our Web site at lexus.com or call 800-USA-LEXUS (800-872-5398).

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
Those people in DALLAS, dont get too excited, because the event here is only an opportunity to see the car and NOT to drive it or the other cars. WTF is that all about?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by BigJoeD:
Those people in DALLAS, dont get too excited, because the event here is only an opportunity to see the car and NOT to drive it or the other cars. WTF is that all about?
No kidding. Whats the fun in that?

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I went to the one that happened last week in Chicago. They had 3 tracks here...one was the "luxury track" where they had the new ES, E320, 3.2 TL, Lincoln LS. The other 2 tracks were the "performace" tracks, and one of the performace tracks only had the IS300 sportscross.
I was amazed by the sportscross handling...and the guys let you do pretty much whatever you wanted to with em.
All in all it was a pretty cool event, but not as cool as the IS300 event last year, or the Benz event earlier in the summer.

Reefa

Originally posted by pelucidor:
I just received an e-mail about a driving event for the new ES300 similar to last year's IS300 event (i.e. two tracks, professional drivers, other manufacturer vehicles etc). The 2002 IS300 will also be there. The web-site is www.lexuses300drive.com or you can phone them at 800-747-4762.

Locations and dates are:
Ausust 11-12 Los Angeles El Toro Marine Base
August 25-26 Chicago Motor Speedway
Sept 4 Dallas Lone Star Park
Sept 15-16 Philadelphia Philadelphia Park
Sept 29-30 Ft. Lauderdale Gulfstream Park

Cars you can drive (not mentioned on website):
Lexus ES300 (new 2002 model)
Lexus IS300 Sportwagon
Lexus IS300 Sedan (probably auto)
BMW 325i
Mercedes C320
Mercedes E320
Volvo S60 2.4T

For those interested my dealer tells me the new ES300 will be available around Oct 1st.

[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: pelucidor ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts