Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the tuning of my car yesterday. EMU, 750cc, PT6765 .68a/r, stock head, no cams, stock intake with 80mm TB, GTE block.

the results:

463whp @ 15psi pump
557whp @ 22psi pump
649whp @ 28psi pump/C16 mix

Will put the dyno charts soon and i'll make a video of the car running with no cel and smooth drivability like stock on 750cc with E-manage Ultimate !!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just finished the tuning of my car yesterday. EMU, 750cc, PT6765 .68a/r, stock head, no cams, stock intake with 80mm TB, GTE block.

the results:

463whp @ 15psi pump
557whp @ 22psi pump
649whp @ 28psi pump/C16 mix

Will put the dyno charts soon and i'll make a video of the car running with no cel and smooth drivability like stock on 750cc with E-manage Ultimate !!!
Was it a headache to Tune the EMU to get those numbers?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was it a headache to Tune the EMU to get those numbers?
When you know how to use the EMU...its pretty simple really. We have a very good tuner here in Quebec city.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I've been surprised at how long it has taken for the popularity of these new injector controlling piggies to grow.

Maybe it is because it does require a good grasp of EFI, OBDII and tuning fundamentals, and equipment like live and data logging capable OBDII readers to monitor while also monitoring the piggyback. I can see how some get very frustrated when trying to tune them.

I just did some tuning on a T100 w/ TRD S/C and AEM FIC. There was a vacuum leak and in-adequate resistor mod that to a more novice FIC tuner could have lead to some serious frustration.

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
congrats on the power! it makes me feel that much better about my EMU as i am in the learning process of working with it. i am glad to know i will be able to push it further if i want too!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
No cams? haha Damn.... makes me want to keep my turbo and throw it on to see what I can do.

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
damn, I was told it was impossible to do 600's with a piggyback...link to post, http://my.is/forums/f114/true-379933/ But I'm the noob, right...lol... Congrats on the power man, hows that pt6765? I heard good things about it. I was between that and the borg s366, I choose the s366 and I must say I love how quick it spools.
IS300luver did 630rwhp years ago on C16 mix and 25psi. It does 480 daily at 16psi.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Very nice numbers, seems like the EMU is treating you very nicely. Been going through all the EMU success stories and it got me thinking. Been looking for a good condition 5 speed IS to do a GTE swap with an EMU so I can have a true OBD2 compliant car and not worry about having 2 tunes to pass emissions. But the only thing different I would do aside from a nice single is cutting the knock sensor inputs from the stock ECU. Install a J&S knock system and retard the timing, via the EMU, to what I felt was optimum, maybe a degree or two less. I would have a consistent base timing map set then let the J&S do the retarding if it did actually hear knock.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Dam man, thats impressive!!! I dont think I have the balls to push my car that much with a stock head. I will be tuning soon with a similar set up to yours but I have Dezods PnP AEM. I wasnt planning on pushing anymore than 20psi using E85 but now I am considering a little more???

·
Registered
60 Posts
very impressive numbers! I think anything used to tune can be made to work well as long as it has the capacity and range to make the required adjustments. User interface seems to be the deciding factor as well as some convenience when installing. which should be the case in my opinion. Congrats to the OP for a very fun car!

Chris

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
99.9999999% sure he is using the OE MAF in conjunction with the OE ECU and injector scaling for vacuum regions (vacuum regions known via the optional MAP sensor), has to clamp the MAF in low boost regions and uses the optional MAP sensor for tuning boost and post MAF clamp regions kind of semi speed density. Thats how mine is tuned thus far.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.