Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!

Just had a family member (sister) purchased a CPO 2007 IS250 AWD only to find out a few days later about all those recalls on nasty engine knock on cold starups, fuel rails, bad catalitic converter (sulfur smell) Dash rattle/noise, etc.

Car was an off lease with 11k miles.

i found sources for this recalls so i can print and show this guys at Lexus dealer, but dunno if they are legit.

Any advice's greatly apreciated.

Robert.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Hello everyone!

Just had a family member (sister) purchased a 2007 IS250 AWD only to find out a few days later about all those recalls on nasty engine knock on cold starups, fuel rails, bad catalitic converter (sulfur smell) Dash rattle/noise, etc.

Car was an off lease with 11k miles.

i found sources for this recalls so i can print and show this guys at Lexus dealer, but dunno if they are legit.

Any advice's greatly apreciated.

Robert.

The only thing on your list that was actually a recall was the fuel rails.

Not aware of any issues with the cats at all. The cold-start-rattle is a TSIB, that's just a notice to dealers that if a car experiences a given issue, the info in the notice is how to fix it. The majority of cars don't experience it, but some certainly do, and it's fixed free under warranty if you do.

BTW- it's not engine knock either, it's a cam gear rattle.

A car is generally a "lemon", legally, if a dealer/mfg is unable to fix a given problem after multiple attempts... not if it has a couple of things that they fix the first time under warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE!
Took car to dealer and they said the knocking at cold start up and sulfur smell is the result of defective fuel rails and dirty injectors.

Has anyone had the same issues that got resolved after this two fixes?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
UPDATE!
Took car to dealer and they said the knocking at cold start up and sulfur smell is the result of defective fuel rails and dirty injectors.

Thanks in advance.
I have had just about every TSIB performed on my car, so let the dealership do their job first before you stress yourself out. If it's not fixed to your satisfaction you now have documentation on your side,...hopefully you won't need it.
I have not had to go back for any previous TSIB.

·
Registered
276 Posts
UPDATE!

Thanks in advance.
I've had the start up rattle, even after the fuel rail recall work was done. But it only happens about 1x every 6 months, so the dealer can never replicate it.

When they replace the fuel rails, bring the car in with as little gas as you can--they drain and then fill the tank.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
ANOTHER UPDATE!!
car's back from the dealer since monday. I know its been only a few days since she got it, but so far so good. No SUlfur smell, no engine knock at cold startups and they replace inside rear view mirror.
They said that the problem with engine knock and sulfur smell was dirty fuel injectors wich they replaced due to faulty fuel rails which were also replaced plus new oil change (5w20 syn) a full thank and car wash.

Ill let her drive it some more and pay closed attention to it.

Thanks!

R.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.