Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after having my last LCD jacked I decided to play it a little bit safer this time.

I got a pioneer AVH-P6400CD (6.5" motorized LCD w/ AM/FM tuner and CD (although both somewhat useless)) installed where the factory navigation would be. It was custom installed in no time by my boy at Audio Vision in Mesquite Texas. the unit was installed at an angle for fitment reasons. It is beautiful and I love it.

My only complaint is that you can still see the unit VERY clearly through the winshield when the screen is down. SO I am getting Audio Vision to custom make me a cover that will resemble factory plastic.

I will post pics tomorrow!!!!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
8) MAD PROPS TO AUDIO VISION!!!! 8)

Audio Vision
1228 W. Scyene Rd., Ste 234
Mesquite, Texas 75149
(972) 285-8222

If anyone decides to check them out, ask for Ms. Ruby and tell her that Jason sent you. :wink:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Bumpin'Lex said:
My only complaint is that you can still see the unit VERY clearly through the winshield when the screen is down. SO I am getting Audio Vision to custom make me a cover that will resemble factory plastic.
I don't know man... :-? I'd feel just a bit weary having the headunit installed
there. Why didn't you just have it installed where the factory head unit is?(it's a piece of crap anyway) When the person(s) that stole your first monitor see that you replaced it with a new one, they'll do the same thing and steal this one :( .

Post pics when you get this custom cover fabricated. I'm just curious.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
It doesnt look good there man....I guess to each his own.

Its an invitation to theives....its saying take, take me, please!!! :crazy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts