Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,,
Thought it's now time to join rather than just read as I've just taken over my old man's 2003 IS300 auto/eShift and am looking to get some of the bolt-ons done and also consider supercharging it rather than turbo at this point to keep it simple. Ideally don't want to have to go the whole intercooler route at this stage, so am thinking 7-10psi.
mobdro.bio/ luckypatcher.tips/ kodi.bio/
I've been reading a few performance posts but I'll have a bit more of a read of the forums. If anyone can point me to a basic stage 1 supercharging DIY post that has parts or a kit that I can still buy (I am based in Australia), that would be handy. I enjoy doing the work myself as well.

Looking forward to getting making the 2JZ more efficient and powerful :)

Cheers.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Not really worth it without an intercooler. The compressed air gets hot and will drive up IATs and you’ll have to cut timing or do methanol injection. Just run an intercooler and be done.

I don’t think anyone makes an off the shelf supercharger kit for the 1G IS300 anymore. The last company I knew of was Raptor Superchargers, which lucky for you, is in OZ. I’d start with them.(y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts