Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys like the title says, just picked up a pretty clean is300. Trans is junk I believe, only goes into 1,3,5,R. Have to jam it into second and 4th doesn't work goes into gear but just grinds. And whenever the clutch is out it rattles in the trans somewhere. Clutch pushes in its fine no rattle. ANYWAY!!
I plan on doing either a turbo ls or a 2jz big turbo. What's an easier swap and cheaper! Please give me some info!

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
r154 trans if you want 700hp max and a nice 5 speed. But I've heard it's "like shifting through mud." I'm going to go with the AR5 swap personally because it's newer and it's a six speed that'll hold just as much and doesn't cost that much more to get rebuilt.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I'm going to go with the AR5 swap personally because it's newer and it's a six speed that'll hold just as much and doesn't cost that much more to get rebuilt.
AR-5 is a 5 speed. It's an upgraded R-154.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I'm used to evox stuff, I spent 60k on my EVO build, ls is cheap for me

Oh sorry there, big guy.

If you've done all that then I don't think you should have much problem finding information on this forum about your questions. Or did everyone on the evo forums hand deliver your answers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts