Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased new IS last night. SBM/Black/Graphite wheels/LSD everything you can get, except the gold package. Len Stoler Lexus is great. They delivered the car to me in the showroom. They went over the car with me and since it was my first new car purchase the experience was painless. The problem is that it has been raining all weekend and I can't really DRIVE the car. (Snow is expected later today.) Just wanted to say hello to all. The drive home was great. Everyone on the beltway seemed to cling to my rear quarter pannel and stare at the car. I will post a picture when my digital camera arrives.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Sloop, congrats - it's a great feeling getting some new wheels.

You're probably staring at your "chronograph" styled gauges as we speak
and your lint collector
Oh well, can't have it all...

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Congrats! Go Ravens baby!!! (I'm a Baltimore native)

Originally posted by sloop:
Just purchased new IS last night. SBM/Black/Graphite wheels/LSD everything you can get, except the gold package. Len Stoler Lexus is great. They delivered the car to me in the showroom. They went over the car with me and since it was my first new car purchase the experience was painless. The problem is that it has been raining all weekend and I can't really DRIVE the car. (Snow is expected later today.) Just wanted to say hello to all. The drive home was great. Everyone on the beltway seemed to cling to my rear quarter pannel and stare at the car. I will post a picture when my digital camera arrives.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats sloop! Thanks for posting this review... I'm waiting on the 2002 models, so I get a taste of what it'll feel like when I drive home my new ride
! So you're around the beltway? I live down the Dulles Tollroad. Are there a lot of IS300 fans in the DC area? Any clubs?

ckolsen: Raven's got the defense, but I'm hoping the Giants walk all over them. I guess we'll see!

------------------
-Rogue-

[This message has been edited by Rogue (edited January 20, 2001).]

·
8,880 Posts
Congrats.
Just a few reminders for a new owner:
If it's going to snow, make sure to get good set of snow tires (rims too for convenience) or you'll be all over the road.
Get yourself a front end mask - the paint on the hood is extremely sensitive. Check out http://www.xpel.com/
Do not use Armor All (don't know about other brands) Wheel cleaner. It has disolved a coat on my brakes (they look ugly now).

Well, have fun. I know I do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts