Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought an 01 and when i got it, it would run really rough under any king of acceleration. a if it was misfiring and shifting sloppy, hesitating before it shifted into the next gear. sounded like it had a plugged exhaust or cat. under acceleration. there were no check eninge lights on but it did have some sort of dbw throttle body code stored in memory. so i installed a used throttle body set up and had a few changes. now it seems accelerate better noe through the rpm range, but still hesitates at the shift point likes its hitting a rev limiter before it shifts. im a little new to the scene but it seems as though this sytem was problematic from the start. any insight you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
355 Posts
have you had your air filter cleaned recently?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clean the air filter, are you serious. i think we are beyond that. readapt the tps, what is the process for that.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
There were some transmission control problems in the 01 models. Find out if the TSB was ever done on your car. Any Lexus dealer could look it up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya first check the filter.. and also do your MAF sensor.
i can see a possible dirty maf, but a filter. any mass air car will run fine with a dirty filter, or no filter or air box at all. after replaceing the tb it has made a big improvment, but it now shining light on another semi related issue. dont get me wrong im not trying to be rude, but the dozens of cars i have owned and built never fixed over obvious driveabilty issues by replacing tune up parts. there is some kind of dbw/tranny issue here and i'm looking for lexus specific service bullitens or personal experience. thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes check the Transmission service at dealer. I have an 01 but never experienced this problem.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
There were some transmission control problems in the 01 models. Find out if the TSB was ever done on your car. Any Lexus dealer could look it up.
This is very likely the problem. The TSB was an ECU reflash for the transmission shifting.

Reactions: what it IS
1 - 11 of 11 Posts