Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posted this before on another site, but looks like this will be the new blue. it is from the toyota japan site which just updated their info on the altezza

[ July 04, 2001: Message edited by: 4NROOTS ]

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Before anyone asks: the paint code is 8N8, Dark Blue Mica.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i like it actually...i really like that spoiler...i remember making a post about it before...any info on it? how about the front headlight windsheild washer fluid things in the bumper?? how can we get our hands on that?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Hell yeah! That spoiler is sik! Definitely going to get one when it comes out.

I'm going to be totally jealous when the new 2002 models come out. I'm seriously thinking about trading in my IS for a new one ...damn!

IS300_white

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
is300 white...go check out the gallery and look twd the last page of pics. you'll see a red 2002 is300 with that spoiler and it has white led lights on it...that looks so sweet!!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
that color doesn't look as dark as some of the other pics of it, is it the lighting, or did they decide to lighten it up a little from the almost navy blue they had before?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I like the color and that spoiler. A gray leather would look nice with it.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The bottom picture shows it how I would like it, but you can see it's just the lighting. A blue almost so dark that it's close to black would be cool.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Is that CGI (Computer Generated Image), or are those real pictures. Because from the looks of it, it looks like computer imaging.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Guys...gemember that those are Japanese pics. So our version is going to be slightly different when it comes to antennas and side marker lights and all.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Toyota already has a dark blue colour actually. It's called carbon blue, I know it's available on the Celica. I don't know why they just didn't use that instead. It's a nice looking colour. Looks black unless you're in the sun.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Carbon Blue is probably a little too dark for the IS300, especially since Absolutely Red and Solar Yellow are available. A bright, rich blue like SBM would be the perfect complement for the other two colors (notice how they are the primary colors
). The IS300 screams for attention (much to the dismay of some people), and bright colors accomplish this and give the IS300 some personality.

From the looks of the Altezza pics, they seem to be retouched photos, and it's a shame that SBM is being replaced by a darker blue (I don't think anyone has confirmed that the new blue is indeed Dark Blue Mica [8N8]) because SBM is a great blue color. I wonder if SBM is the same as the Royal Sapphire color that was available on the previous generation SC's. SBM is much better than BMW's Topaz Blue, and I surmise that Carbon Blue is very much like BMW's Orient Blue.

There is another blue in the Lexus line called Indigo Ink Pearl, though I haven't seen it in person. Perhaps this blue is similar to Carbon Blue.

Originally posted by Baby Lexx:
Toyota already has a dark blue colour actually. It's called carbon blue, I know it's available on the Celica. I don't know why they just didn't use that instead. It's a nice looking colour. Looks black unless you're in the sun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
if it's true that spectra blue mica is no longer available...i'm very excited.
whenever i get a compliment on the car, they never fail to mention how sweet the color is.
now our 2001 spectra blue's will be a rarity!
(unless they get a custom paint job)

·
8,880 Posts
Originally posted by habibnazir:
... how about the front headlight windsheild washer fluid things in the bumper?? how can we get our hands on that?
I believe, the original IS300 design had those things in it. For some reason, they decided not to incorporate them into our model.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts