Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
yikes... im dying for a new one but 42,500 is a bit overpriced i woud say.. id be tempted to get a C6 vette for literally a couple thousand more

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That price looks to be base, with the highest priced 350 converting to $46,500.00... This might be too rich for me, but I can't wait to see one in person and determine which options I really would need.

·
Registered
491 Posts
start with $42,500?? I think that is a bit high man
I wonder how much more will be out the door with full package included..I guess it might hit over $48,000 plus tax...that will be M3 level...people will rather spend little extra money to buy M3 instead because of more horse power,better handling,more aggressive looking and of course its brand.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear ya. I don't like to post things like..."I know a guy who knows a guy who told me.." That link was the first piece of info that appears to come right from Toyota and therefore a bit more credible? I'm not thrilled about pricing either as much as I like the 350, $42,500 would be my limit. Time will tell, but a RWD/AWD Acura TL is rumored and I am sure pricing would be well under $40K LOADED.

·
Registered
589 Posts
KraxyKanuck said:
An RWD TL would be really awesome, hopefully it would correct the FWD TL's front heavy weight distribution.
It will be awesome, but then.... Honda... *sigh* known for front wheel drive. How is it that they come out with the TSX front wheel and the TL front wheel... just the way it is i guess. And to drop in my opinion on the pricing of the IS350, I think it will be under 40 fully loaded, that is because of a few reasons. If someone is gonna spend 40+ on a lexus, mind as well move up the the GS. Also another reason is that from estimates, the base price for the IS250 is going to be around 27,000. There can't be such a huge difference in price between the two model. I bet the IS350 is gonna come out at around 37,000, which is still a huge gap of 10,000 between the 250 and the 350. This is just my opinion, please don't grab my neck and choke me for my sources.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The TL is based on the U.S. Accord platform, while the TSX is based on a Eurospec Accord. Therefore, Honda is able to produce two "new vehicles" for their Acura fleet without designing a new and expensive platform; but is unfortunatley FWD. The new SH-AWD set up on the 2005 RL will most likely find its way to the TL before any RWD option is available. As far as the new IS, I doubt even with a smaller engine that the IS250 base price will drop nearly $6,000 from that of a 2005 IS300. Therefore pricing in your range seems unlikely. But I would love nothing more than for you to be able to prove me wrong! (that would mean I could afford it!)

·
Registered
409 Posts
You can't estimate a car's pricing using the pricing info in a totally different market, period!! Currency exchange rates fluctuate, import taxes vary, and the "brand image premiums" differ. The numbers you get with a currency converter are simply nearly meaningless.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Currency conversion is probably the worst possible way to estimate prices. Just look at Canada, especially with the weak US dollar, the prices fluctuate so much. For the last time, just wait another two weeks for the real numbers!!! These new IS/pricing posts are getting very old.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
I would say it's not valid in our case. Good example, a Subaru WRX in Poland cost something close to $40,000 that with all the taxes and all. Same car that we can buy here for $24,000.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What you are saying totaly makes sense, but I don't need someone saying "for the last time..." Like they control the conversations on the site. I went to the Lexus Japan site and did a random price comparison just for fun. A GS430 RWD starts at 6,000,000 Yen or approx. $53,000. On the U.S. website it starts at $51,375. Is this a good approximation, no. Does it give a sense of a ballpark number, I think so.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I dont think the IS350 will start at 42,500 like that and feel the U.S. price will be cheaper than what you get when using that current exchange rate price. I'd think it would start under 40K base but who knows...

As for the TL RWD/AWD stuff...Acura shoudl put the sh-awd system in the TL before doing RWD. I have the 05 RL. Thing handles about as well as the IS300. Unless people simply want to be sliding all over the place (I dont ahve the game to be dealign with pwoer slides on public streets. hehe) then the sh-awd system acura developed is a great system since it offers great performance with confidence. I mean I can take some turns and stuff faster in my RL than I could in my IS300 since i dont have to worry about the rear breaking loose. Anyway, I cant imagine how great a TL with SH-AWD would handle since the current TL supposedly has awesome handling.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My guess is that the pricing will be around what we all had expected earlier on...IS250 to start around $30,000 while the IS350 will start at around $35,000. Depending on the packaging, the 250 should top off at around $35K while the 350 will be around $40K.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts