Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to test drive the new IS. The passenger door handle when i grabbed it, it unlocked all the doors but on the driver it only unlocked driver...is there settings that can change which doors unlock or maybe touch once nad one unlocks touch twice n both do?

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
i believe u can get it changed through personalized settings. its like unlocking the doors on the 2005 IS300s you can have the dealer change it so when u press unlock on the key alll of them unlock.

on the new IS each door has a sensor i believe.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i beleive its only the driver n passenger front doors that oepn the lock, i dont think all of them do???

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
err your right. for some reason i keep thinking theres lil sensors on the rear handles. i just checked. but yeah in personalized settings they can change the computer to unlock all everytime with either door. just tell them when u buy it.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
You can program the function yourself.

1. Open just the driver's door.

or

2. Open all doors.

or

3. Either front door handle opens all doors.

·
Registered
27 Posts
you can always unlock all the doors with the key by pressing the unlock button twice. Thats what I do when I'm not riding alone.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
i talked with one of the sales guys today...

he told me for the GS what they did is push and hold the unlock and trunk open key simultaneously(SP?) [held down together at the same time] and then if you look at the cluster on the dash it will show the doors open and u do the same sequence until u get unlock all doors on first unlock?

*he believes its the same for the new IS

-i cant try it because i dont have either of the new models. i think its worth a shot...

·
Registered
1 Posts
He's right...there are instructions in the manual. It is not somehting you need to bring the car into the dealership to do personalized settings. My sales guy did it for me when I picked the car up but I think it was pressing the lock and trunk release buttons at the same time on the remote or something like that. If you look it up in the manual, you'll find it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
J.El said:
I really doubt the back doors have sensors
Yeah no sensors on the back doors. The manual has all kinds of settings you can do for yourself. I spent alot of time reading that section.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yup the pressing lock and trunk release while sitting inside without anything running worked. just wait for 5 secs and you'll hear a beep and see on the display a figure of all doors opened. from that point on touching the front door will unlock all doors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts