Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) I am new here just to let you guys know I saw the new IS on the road today. Not sure if its a 250 or 350. It was traveling in a convoy with the new Toyota FJ Cruzer and some type of new "Echo" size car. The size of the IS looks a little bit bigger than the current IS but definately not as big as the new 3 series. From the front the car, in my rear view mirror, the car looks similar to the current Is300. What I mean by similar is it looks like an evolution but not a revolution like the new bimmer which can be good/bad depending on your taste. The rear looks similar to the GS which is to no one's surprise. Overall the car looks good. It's keeping the Lexus tradition with conservative look and it sits low stock like the current gen IS. I'd be all over this car if it come with a manual 3.5L it's a shame that it doesn't tho. I am sure they will probably release a manual 3.5L or hopefully 4.3L as a 2007 model.

btw. They were traveling 405NB in LA and exited near Torrance/Carson (Toyota HQ).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea except its a white one with bumpers all beat up. They were completely thrashed up you can see the black plastic undernearth. It's also missing the front grill. No chromed exhaust tip and the car has been debaged. Which makes me think its a test mule of theirs? He was driving pretty aggressive the only reason why I noticed it is because it was on my ass all the time.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I work/drive by Ohare airport here in Chicago and saw 2 new IS's (black and silver) on a small flat bed truck comming out of the cargo area, wonder what dealer is getting them for a test out? humm... might have to call around.

Mike

·
Registered
94 Posts
man, after seeing the new IS side-by-side with the current IS, i dont like the new one at all! I made up my mind with that picture-definately will not buy the new IS!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
ZID IS300 said:
I work/drive by Ohare airport here in Chicago and saw 2 new IS's (black and silver) on a small flat bed truck comming out of the cargo area, wonder what dealer is getting them for a test out? humm... might have to call around.

Mike
Those are pre-production test/press cars that were shipped from here in SoCal. Those cars will probably end up in NY at the end of this month. ;)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
madtruckerdiesel said:
man, after seeing the new IS side-by-side with the current IS, i dont like the new one at all! I made up my mind with that picture-definately will not buy the new IS!
Kinda hard to judge my car with the new IS side by side in photos. :) It's a whole different story in person.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
madtruckerdiesel said:
You're crazy!! If you compare the exterior nahh not even the other IS was modded, its the interior that amazes me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
im feeling the interior of the new is, however im not so into the roundness of the exterior. i think im gunna b keeping my old is.

·
Registered
486 Posts
j0nan said:
im feeling the interior of the new is, however im not so into the roundness of the exterior. i think im gunna b keeping my old is.
It really doesn't look roundish in person, it looks more muscular and aggressive. It does have more elegance to it, but the pictures you have seen on the net don't do the car justice. Whole new look and vibe once you see it up close.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
meta1 said:
It really doesn't look roundish in person, it looks more muscular and aggressive. It does have more elegance to it, but the pictures you have seen on the net don't do the car justice. Whole new look and vibe once you see it up close.
True you need to see it in person...
I cried when I saw it at the Geneva auto show

1 - 14 of 14 Posts