Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I'm at a Lexus Dealer in Toronto right now... and I'm looking at the option sheet. When you purchase the Sport Package on either the IS250 or IS350... you get an LSD on the car! For some reason I was under the impression from what I heard before that no LSD was offered.

I'll try and scan/post the option sheets later today.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I saw just at Don Valley Lexus in Toronto and the options sheet they showed me lists LSD as an option only for the IS250 RWD with automatic transmission. Is it now also available for the manual transmission?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
According to www.lexus.ca, LSD only comes with the Sport Package and that is available to IS250 RWD and IS350.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Did you get some base prices?

My dad was talking to a guy at Performance Lexus and he said something about the base for the 250 RWD being 36300 which if true is good to hear as it is basically inline with the U.S. MSRP and not the typical 40 or so % difference.

Does leather come as standard on all IS models here? I know on the Lexus.ca website it says the 250 comes with cloth but wtf knows what is true and what isnt. If it doesnt but the US version does then I guess our versions here are at a higher price diff than what first appears.

Lexus has botched giving dealers information...

AND wtf dont CDN dealers have any 350s?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The base price for the IS250 rwd is approximately CDN$37,000. I "think" (the paper is in the car) the IS350 is about CDN$49,000.

I'll post more info later.

·
Registered
482 Posts
whoa whoa whoa...

so 36-37K for the 250 RWD (which is what my dad was told) but then 49K for the 350? If that is the case and doesnt include any of the packages then that is an INSANE base for the 350. You're looking at 60 grand for it loaded.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Wait, crester, in the other thread, when i said I was disappointed in Lexus for not offering a true LSD, weren't you the one who defended Lexus? Why all the excitement about LSD now?

And is it a true LSD? Or the semi-LSD (modified open diff with a spring) I'd be happy to see a true lsd on the IS features list.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IS_JOE... I was trying to explain the mentality behind Lexus not providing an LSD. But I guess you are right... my excitement does seem to go against what I was saying in the other thread.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I guarantee you it's the semi-LSD which i've posted info on in the past. I highly doubt Lexus Canada will put a true LSD in the IS350 as the rest of the world doesn't get it. If anything, the US would get something more exclusive first as the Lexus name and idea was born here in the United States. Specifically Southern California. ;)

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Crester said:
IS_JOE... I was trying to explain the mentality behind Lexus not providing an LSD. But I guess you are right... my excitement does seem to go against what I was saying in the other thread.
no prob, but I think it would be cool if these were full LSDs

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just for the record... in the past there have been numerous cases where Toyota cars in the USA have not come with LSD's... or atleast they were and option... while LSD's were readily available on Canadian models.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Crester said:
Just for the record... in the past there have been numerous cases where Toyota cars in the USA have not come with LSD's... or atleast they were and option... while LSD's were readily available on Canadian models.
To speak for the US side, LSD was a forced option on 5speed Manual IS300's from MY2002 to the first half of 2004 here in the Western Region...specifically Southern California. They were also readily available on IS300's w/VP Package and Nav (usually no spoiler).

·
Registered
409 Posts
IS JOE said:
no prob, but I think it would be cool if these were full LSDs
I think it has to be. Why else would they specifically include the feature in the Sport Package if it's the same "semi-LSD" that comes standard with the New IS? Go to the Canadian site and build the new IS yourself. It's clearly and officially listed as an option. Dunno why Canadians are the only ones getting this feature though.
Flipside909 said:
I guarantee you it's the semi-LSD which i've posted info on in the past. I highly doubt Lexus Canada will put a true LSD in the IS350 as the rest of the world doesn't get it. If anything, the US would get something more exclusive first as the Lexus name and idea was born here in the United States. Specifically Southern California. ;)
Sorry flip but I don't quite agree, for the reasons stated above. It has to be more than a semi-LSD for the Canadian site to list it as an option that's part of the Sport Package. I wonder if it's a last-minute addition. Perhaps the final US version actually has it as well, but just that the training kits we've been seeing weren't showing it due to its undecided status. We'll just have to wait and see until the US website gets officially updated.;)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Flipside909 said:
I'm not sure but didnt the loaded IS300 when it came out in 2000 come with LSD here in Canuckland while you guys in the U.S. didnt have it as an option for the 2001 model year? If so, maybe Lexus is doing the same thing on the new IS...maybe they realize the car is priced too high up here so they are throwing us an exclusive bone.;)

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Toyota always gives us better access to LSD's than the Americans. Same deal with the headlight washers. I guess we're considered to have a harsher climate than those Yanks. ;)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Crester said:
Toyota always gives us better access to LSD's than the Americans.
That's false. Hehe...but is there such thing as TRD Canada? ha, didn't think so. ;)

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Flipside909 said:
That's false. Hehe...but is there such thing as TRD Canada? ha, didn't think so. ;)
It's not false.

Did you guys get headlight washers on your IS300's?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts