1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Spectra Blue Mica
83,XXX miles
1 Owner vehicle

Picked it up Jan 26th from Oak Tree Mazda in San Jose, CA. After owning nothing but Mustangs since the day I started legally driving - I thought it was about time for me to get into a car that better fits my personality and change of tastes. I had been influenced my a good friend of mine (CL member jdmdaddy) who has a 1995 GS300. I fell in love with that car over the NUMEROUS road trips we would take to go to the Bay area or different Club Lex meets. After some easy research I saw that the IS300 would be the car of choice. So...sold the Stang and picked one up! LOL

So far I've just applied red film to the tail lights and detailed the living HELL out of it. I've got a set of Tanabe NF210's on the way and will be purchasing a set of Tokico Illumina's within the next few weeks. I just want to drop it down a bit and possibly look into a set of wheels down the road. Other than that just minor appearance upgrades.

I can't say enough about this car. Best decision I've ever made....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats

Congradulations on your new purchase, I recently pick one up after waiting 6 years. I'm very happy with mine and I know you will be too.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
smart purchase. now sell that other white thing =). whos sti?

Reactions: ElusiveIS

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congradulations on your new purchase, I recently pick one up after waiting 6 years. I'm very happy with mine and I know you will be too.
Great to hear that you're behind the wheel after 6 long years of waiting! I can't wait to take this one on some road trips!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
smart purchase. now sell that other white thing =). whos sti?
LOL! Yeah the Stang was sold about 20 minutes after that pic was taken....had that car for 11 years. Hard to let it go but the IS has taken my mind off of that for sure!

Oh and the STi is CL member JdmDaddy's new toy. Good lord that car has some great handles!!!

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Congrats bro! The car is looking very good for an 01! Very clean. Let the mods begin!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats bro! The car is looking very good for an 01! Very clean. Let the mods begin!

Thank you very much - the previous owner took pretty good care of it. It does have a few dings/scratches but nothing major or unrepairable. Interior is flawless and has no leaks - so it's a great platform to start with!

I'm going to keep it mellow on mods right now - just make it look as clean as possible. I'm looking into purchasing a grill, front lip after the drop and wheels. We'll see!

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Thank you very much - the previous owner took pretty good care of it. It does have a few dings/scratches but nothing major or unrepairable. Interior is flawless and has no leaks - so it's a great platform to start with!

I'm going to keep it mellow on mods right now - just make it look as clean as possible. I'm looking into purchasing a grill, front lip after the drop and wheels. We'll see!
This site for SURE will keep you hooked. All the informations that you need will be here. There are a lot of gear heads in here who knows a lot about these cars. Keep us posted on the car setup..and try not to break the "bank".:) Make sure you do A LOT of search too. Any thoughts or questions you may have, use the "SEARCH" tool, it is very helpful, if not, you can ask a member here...as long as they don't rip your head off!:p

One more thing..."916"? Is this Sacramento area code or does it stand for something else?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This site for SURE will keep you hooked. All the informations that you need will be here. There are a lot of gear heads in here who knows a lot about these cars. Keep us posted on the car setup..and try not to break the "bank".:) Make sure you do A LOT of search too. Any thoughts or questions you may have, use the "SEARCH" tool, it is very helpful, if not, you can ask a member here...as long as they don't rip your head off!:p

One more thing..."916"? Is this Sacramento area code or does it stand for something else?

This site has been so informative already - prior to purchasing the car I searched this site up and down for purchasing tips and what to look for. The search function is a WONDERFUL thing. I'm more of a browser than a poster but I'll chime in every now and then.

Yes the 916 is for my area code in Sacramento. Born and raised! I see you're from Sac as well. Keep an eye out!

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
This site has been so informative already - prior to purchasing the car I searched this site up and down for purchasing tips and what to look for. The search function is a WONDERFUL thing. I'm more of a browser than a poster but I'll chime in every now and then.

Yes the 916 is for my area code in Sacramento. Born and raised! I see you're from Sac as well. Keep an eye out!

Nice! We finally have a SBM now! Cool! I live in carmichael actually but, the same over all. Have you been keeping tabs or even interested in going to the big CAK28 meet in San Luis Obispo? We have about 10-15 cars here in Sac area that is apart of this site. Look out for a stock GGP, lowered with Altezza and TRD badging! See you around!:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice! We finally have a SBM now! Cool! I live in carmichael actually but, the same over all. Have you been keeping tabs or even interested in going to the big CAK28 meet in San Luis Obispo? We have about 10-15 cars here in Sac area that is apart of this site. Look out for a stock GGP, lowered with Altezza and TRD badging! See you around!:)
Yeah I'm actually in Elk Grove but it's like you said it's all the same. Well I didn't know anything about the meet until you just mentioned it - but I'm going to be heading up north towards Mendicino that weekend. I'll keep on top of the postings to see if there's another event we can all roll out to. Right on - the only SBM right now! SICK! See you around!

-Jeff

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just got into one myself last September... RED 02' 5-speed with LSD. Just Got it Supercharged so I figured it was a great time to become a member of this site...

·
Registered
827 Posts
welcome! i see a sti in the back ground

1 - 16 of 16 Posts